Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hello all

not much tonight.

that meal dh made tonight was super duper delicious. It is a sloppy joe recipe put in a pie plate on top of 8 flattened biscuits, dh bought grands biscuits that sprinkled with yellow corn meal. Dump in the hamburger mixture and bake for 20 min's at 375. It was a wow recipe easy to make and very filling.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

ShowMe, the "handyman" did call but I'm not hopeful. He admitted that he arrived home late the night before and was tired. I think I'll start to look elsewhere. The jobs I have are small. My husband would have been able to do these tasks with his eyes closed but now his Alzheimer's is making that impossible. And yes, this was my first time, now second, on this thread. I'm off to my dance class at the Y, my salvation.

Honored Contributor

Image result for veteran cat"

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Remembering all of our veterans today for the sacrifices they made. Praying for their physical, mental, financial, and spiritual needs. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN lots of Veteran's Day specials in the paper. The grocery store gives out a bag of food and restaurants give out free meals. Good that they are honored.

We already have 9.2 inches of snow for the season. Then there is the Artic blast covering the country! Stay warm everyone.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG, you and DH stay warm too. I know you love your fluffies.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

ShowMe, the "handyman" did call but I'm not hopeful. He admitted that he arrived home late the night before and was tired. I think I'll start to look elsewhere. The jobs I have are small. My husband would have been able to do these tasks with his eyes closed but now his Alzheimer's is making that impossible. And yes, this was my first time, now second, on this thread. I'm off to my dance class at the Y, my salvation.

@Vivian.....Well, welcome aboard with us.  You will find the most caring, loving, and understanding posters on this thread.  Great group of posters.

Sorry about the "handyman".....  That was not nice.  Maybe a few of the posters on here can give you some suggestions on how to get a reliable person to do the chores you need to have done.  

Enjoy your dance class....glad you have a salvation.  We all need one of those.  

Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3.....Thanks for the wonderful Veteran's Day pictures this morning.  We can't give them enough love for what they do or have done for our country to keep us safe.  

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Remembering all of our veterans today for the sacrifices they made. Praying for their physical, mental, financial, and spiritual needs. 

@RetRN.....Great post.  So many of them are suffering the affects of their serving.  We hear of it every day in the news.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@RetRN lots of Veteran's Day specials in the paper. The grocery store gives out a bag of food and restaurants give out free meals. Good that they are honored.

We already have 9.2 inches of snow for the season. Then there is the Artic blast covering the country! Stay warm everyone.

@AuntG....yes, it is wonderful that they are given bags of food and that restaurants give free meals.  But, that really isn't enough.  They need help in so many ways. 

That's a lot of snow.  Yes, the Artic blast is going to be a cold one.  Hope everyone's furnace continues to do it's job to keep everyone warm.