Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@Cakers3......First, thanks for such a precious picture last night.  And second, your words meant so much to me.  Know you really know me better than many others than you do.  

I will always, as long as I can, respond to posters on this thread.  All are such sincere and loving people.....and if I didn't do that, would not be able to stand myself. 

Yes, we all have our crosses to carry in a different way.  That is so hard for some to accept.  But, it is important to know that we are never alone.  

My sister and I were talking yesterday about how many of our own friends have passed.  And the older we get, that list of wonderful people gets longer.  She named her friends, and I named mine.  Each of us remembered those friends.  Told her what you said about you hope you were as good a friend to them as they were to you. Am sure you were.  I too hope that each of us feels peace and acceptance, and look to each other as equals.

Love you for who you are.....one wonderful friend on here.Heart

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

watching my old movies i dvr'ed this past week. Watched Becker (with ted Danson) before i got into my old movies.

went to church, came home, changed into my old soft clothes i wore today and sat down to a warm meal. Dh was able to get home to partake the small meal I made. 

It is might bit cold tonight. Have my heat pad on my lap and my blanket over that. Nice and warm, 

wash, dryer doing its thingy now. 

Came home to 7 phone calls tonight. 3 were from friends 1 was a robo call and dh calling me from work. 

That is about all the news tonight.

@viva923......glad DH got home to enjoy a warm meal with you.  Glad you enjoy your old movies....

About those cold temps....yep winter is upon us.  Guess a lot of folks will be using heating pads and electric throws.  Someone that used to post on here sent me for Christmas an electric heating throw.....it is wonderful.  Would be something you might want to put on your Christmas wish list......

Those darn robo calls are a pain in the you know what.  When home I put them on Call Block.  If I get one when I'm gone, save the number and when they call when I'm home put them on Call Block.  

Hope you are having a good Sunday, and are able to get your walks in.  

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@ShowMe ---- I remember very well ; and most of those boxes stayed packed too. I stored them in one spot at the rental. yes it will take much time to unpack. Going to be doing more donations too.

@wagirl......getting unpacked is a good time to get your donations together too.  Remember to rest, and take your time.  Good thing you had a place in the rental you could keep them with you.

Esteemed Contributor

I am waiting for a handyman from Home Advisor who is a no-show.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Good morning, wishing everyone a nice day.

I just finished enjoying a cup of pumpkin spice coffee and reading the Sunday paper. 

Will have a stuffed pork chop with some baby reds for lunch. 

I will be watching football today and watching a holiday movie tonight and enjoying a cup of candy cane hot chocolate.

It looks like it will be a quiet week for me, bible study on Thursday morning and a blood draw at the clinic. 

@RetRN......Nice way to start a Sunday morning.  Your dinner sounds delicious.  Have always liked stuffed pork chops.  Enjoy.....also enjoy the hot chocolate....

Have a good week.....

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

a quick check in.

got chores done. dh dug out my winter parka walking jacket. helps with that wind that just cuts thru anything.

did get my walk in. folded large load of laundry. watched a couple dvr'ed programs for lunch. martial law and the district are the 2 shows. martial law is so so, but hey it is something neither of us have seen, the other is the district with craig t. nelson. he was in coach. that show was such  a good comedy, still watch the reruns to this day and laugh.

well guys that is all for now. will try to check in later.

@viva923.....glad you were able to get your morning walk in....and that your DH dug out your winter parka for you so you could wear it.  

Here's hoping you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  Stay warm.

Honored Contributor

I feel your frustration, my handyman said he would complete a project for me before Labor Day, he finally came and did it on Halloween. I didn't complain because it is so hard to find a reliable handyman. 

@Vivian wrote:

Honored Contributor

Well here it is almost the middle of our Sunday afternoon.  Simply beautiful here.  High has been reached....64.  Supposed to go down to 34 tonight.....and tomorrow a high of 41, then a drastic drop in the temp of 16 for the low.  Not looking forward to that.  Winter temps until Wednesday.  

Yesterday before my talk with Sheri's DH, my boy was here to help me with bringing up and taking down off season clothes.  Got everything done with that except for the tops (knits and chenille).  That is something I will be taking care of during the week at my own leisure time.  Also got my mattress switched around and when he left I made the bed.  By that time, my back and knees were really hurting, and he and I knew it was time to quit.  He also went to the hardware store to get a new light to put up under the cabinet in the kitchen that lights up the sink area.  It had totally burned out and had to be replaced.  He had to replace the screws that it fits on so it would be straight.  What a difference.  Missed it a lot when it was not working.

Was not worth much last evening.  Did talk to Theresa across the hall.  Told her about Sheri.  She knew how upset I was, and before I knew it, she called me to tell me she had something she wanted to show me.  Just didn't want me to be alone.....so she made an excuse to come over.  She is really a sweet lady.  And is having her own worries with the 2 of her living adult children suffering from cancer too.  The son is under going chemo treatments, and the daughter (Debbie) is having her port put in this week, in preparation for her chemo treatments.  Not sure when Debbie will be starting her treatments, but she will be staying a few days at her daughters after the first treatment to be sure she will be ok.  That means Theresa will be there alone with the dog....hope they take the dog to where Debbie is....that way she won't have to worry about having someone come over and take the dog out.  But have a feeling arrangements are being made for someone to come over and take the dog out.  

Jeanne was here this morning and did the laundry.  That's done now.....  Next Sunday will be cleaning.  

Glad that nothing more will be needing to be taken care of for the rest of this Sunday.  Don't have it in me.  Thinking I will be having some Clam Chowder soup for the main meal of the evening.  Not really hungry.  Have had some Strawberry Yogurt and some cinnamon toast today.  I know that's not a lot, but just not hungry today.  

Calling it quits for now.  Will check back in later.

Honored Contributor

hello all

catching up on some of my old dvr'ed movies. Am on Bowery boys now.

almost dark outside, hate winter, dark way to early for me. Want to watch news tonight for weekly weather report to see exactly how cold it will get.

dh is making a new dinner tonight. It is a bake in oven dinner. It is based on sloppy joe recipe. He found the recipe on line in the taste of home recipes books.

not much else guys. Will try to check in later if not, see all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

@Vivian......Welcome aboard here with us.  Don't recall you ever posting on here.  

Did your no show ever show up or call you????