Valued Contributor

I want to tell you briefly what happened to me so it will never happen to you  I take baths and wash my back with the SPIN SPA  It is a battery operated long handle with a loofah on the end  I use it all of the time and love it  Sunday it caught on my chain and started to strangle me to the point we couldnt get  at the  chain to cut  We finally shut it off and called 911  It dug into my neck do much before somehow I twisted it in the right direction to get enough to cut  I wont bore you with the details  My eyes are black and blue etc  I was seconds from death  To talk about it makes me sick  Please think about this when you use things  

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness you were able to get untangled!  I think it's always a good idea to take necklaces off when taking a shower or bath.

Trusted Contributor

Uh, I think I'm speaking for most here...... nevermind. 

Respected Contributor

Oh wow this was a serious event and thank you for sharing. I don't use a battery operated loofah but thought about purchasing one. I bought the salux instead. Thank goodness you are okay!

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggieSo sorry you had that horrific experience.

I believe I'll remove any necklace before using any electric device anywhere, sort of like many workers remove their rings so they don't add risk to their jobs.  JUst never thought about your kind of near disaster.

Honored Contributor

What a scary experience!  Theres a lot to be said for an old fashioned back brush.  I'm very glad to hear you're okay today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thank God you're okay!  And thank God someone was there with you.  Thanks for sharing.   (((HUGS)))

Esteemed Contributor

OMG - what an experience.  Reminds me of (me) getting one of those round hair brush (junk)  like they sell on the Q  ........Brush was seriously tangled in the back of my head.  Couldn't see to help myself - every try just made it worse.  Visioned a big section of hair would have to be cut.  Finally got it untangled with some hair loss; but will never use one again. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie   Thank you for sharing your experience!  That is something  people wouldn’t think about happening. You may want to contact the company to put a warning on the SPIN SPA.  

Many jewelry companies are suggesting that people not bathe or sleep in jewelry. I remove mine when I come home.

My Father was always building and fixing things. He wouldn’t wear a wedding ring until he was older and stopped doing that. He said jewelry can get caught. So I remove mine.

I hope you are better now, your Guardian Angel was with you!

Esteemed Contributor

Very glad that you are ok but sorry that you had to experience that.  Thank you for posting.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!