Respected Contributor

A neighbor has been posting jokes for the day which have been quite entertaining.  They are having a guest singer entertain this evening with self distancing encouraged. From my vantage point I can see self-distancing not practiced.  I guess we will be on our own and forced to leave if we are uncomfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Voluntary Self-Distancing

Hope you have a good time and be safe. I think we're at the point where we take care of ourselves, knowing this will also take care of others. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I've only been to get groceries and to the vets where they picked my dog up outside. I've walked the dogs daily.

I've noticed it's apparently hard to social distance.

I move over and into driveways for runners and kids who run down the middle of the street and won't move.
  Even at Senior hours I'm grocery stores couples are shopping when one could. They also stand in the middle of the aisle while I wait for their decisions. They don't follow arrows or watch for other people.

People don't watch their dogs and there's a leash law. They are supposed to be kept away due to the virus also.

They wear masks around their neck if worn, and still approach too close.
  I'm hard of hearing and can't hear when some are near. I really have to watch.

It's frightening!

Respected Contributor

Last night's evening news displayed another example of people not be ing able to distance say no to others.  Graduation parade with seniors riding in open cars together, people congregating.  Cinqo de Mayo showed people lining up closely to get their chips and margaritas.  Self control is so difficult.

Super Contributor

Some people have the mentality that "it won't happen to me",

then go home and spread it to their loved ones.

Super Contributor

Some people want to believe in "magical thinking". They want to believe that they are not going to get this virus. Human nature, I suppose. Especially when they see leaders not following the guidelines.

It's getting very ugly & scary.

Super Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

Last night's evening news displayed another example of people not be ing able to distance say no to others.  Graduation parade with seniors riding in open cars together, people congregating.  Cinqo de Mayo showed people lining up closely to get their chips and margaritas.  Self control is so difficult.

So now these seniors come home and be around their mom, dad, siblings, grandparents.