Honored Contributor

We have to keep in mind that it had already been reported there was no more of the serum/medicine that had saved the lives of the other two.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
On 10/8/2014 NoelSeven said:

We have to keep in mind that it had already been reported there was no more of the serum/medicine that had saved the lives of the other two.

Yes, that is the frightening part. At least with other patients that are very ill with cancer or other life threatening diseases, we usually have some course of treatment to offer them. Imagine a large ebola outbreak and NO serum {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Valued Contributor
On 10/8/2014 brii said:
On 10/8/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:
On 10/8/2014 Preds said:
On 10/8/2014 brii said:

I have a few people on ignore from Fashion and Beauty. LOL

None from Viewpoints.

I have ""visited"" those and they are brutal sometimes. They make us look calm. Can't believe some of the stuff I read. WOW

Reading the multiple Fashion threads about Lori Goldstein during the LOGO TSV one would have thought she beat kittens. Who could have guessed buttons down the rear would have caused such an uproar.

lol

I ordered that--I thought it was cute--we'll see

Super Contributor

Hi Noel, We have no proof that the medicine actually saved lives. It has not been tested extensively. There is no concrete evidence that it is the panacea for ebola at this time. I have a feeling it was just the individual's immune systems that were able to fight off the virus. I think (in my very unprofessional opinion) that a survivor's blood which would contain antibodies to the virus is a good way to go right now.

Respected Contributor
On 10/8/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:
On 10/8/2014 brii said:
On 10/8/2014 Preds said:
On 10/8/2014 brii said:

None from Viewpoints.

I have ""visited"" those and they are brutal sometimes. They make us look calm. Can't believe some of the stuff I read. WOW

Reading the multiple Fashion threads about Lori Goldstein during the LOGO TSV one would have thought she beat kittens. Who could have guessed buttons down the rear would have caused such an uproar.

lol

I ordered that--I thought it was cute--we'll see

I thought about it but was worried about the thinness of the fabric. I hope you like it!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

There was a doctor on the news the other night discussing this. I believe his name was Dr. Fauci but I'm not sure I'm spelling that correctly.

He said they have no idea if that serum saved anyone's life or how effective it is. He said there are people who rec'd the serum who died.

Valued Contributor

whoops. so sorry

Valued Contributor
On 10/8/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:
On 10/8/2014 brii said:
On 10/8/2014 Preds said:
On 10/8/2014 brii said:

None from Viewpoints.

I have "visited" those and they are brutal sometimes. They make us look calm. Can't believe some of the stuff I read. WOW

lol

I ordered that--I thought it was cute--we'll see Smile

I thought about it but was worried about the thinness of the fabric. I hope you like it!

over something? I feel so bad, I butted into a serious subject.

Super Contributor
On 10/8/2014 Cakers1 said:

There is absolutely no proof you were reported and your post/thread poofed just because certain nic show up. Just because you see a nic of a poster you aren't fond of doesn't mean that poster reported you. ftlog

I think many of us have had posts disappear and we don't point fingers at a potential "suspect". It's one of the things that cause continuing disharmony around here.

Newsflash: You just are not that important. Neither am I.

The weekly cry-fest over poofing - {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Well said, Cakers. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

When it all boils down to it, none of us know the reason behind webbies poofing. But if I was to take a guess... I'd say it didn't help the situation when a number of the VP "Pearl Clutchers" started calling corporate, emailing CS, posting call out threads to webbie or hitting the abuse button when someone said something they didn't like or agree with.

What's funny is... a number of those poster are now gone. They did their dirty deeds and pushed their agenda for a good 6 months and now they are gone... or they might be here under an aka.