Respected Contributor

View All Forum Topics

[ Edited ]

This is how I read the forums. The most recent is shown first and they descend in the order posted. It is a mix of all topics. I have not been posting on the boards all that long compared to others. Until more recently than I hate to admit, it did not occur to me to select a category from the menu to read posts. I knew to select one to create a post. 

I am so bad at technology.  What may be obvious to others is a mystery to me. I certainly did not realize until today that not everyone sees every post because they have specific categories they use. I am on an IPad. I cannot use the forums on my phone and have never tried my computer.

Last summer I did an all day progressive post under Sports showing a big soccer tournament and the wild horses having to wait for the field. Some of the regulars who enjoy the horses did not respond. Now I think I know why. By the time I get good at this, it will be too late.

Respected Contributor

@On It  I read the forum like you do. I figure that way you can browse all the topics under one roof so to speak. 

Trusted Contributor

@On It 

I'm with you, I'm not very 'puter literate at all either.

I also just made the realization and found it interesting that some people just stick to certain forums.

Like I said in the other thread, I like to view all the forums because there are so few postings in the first place and I don't want to miss anything! hahaSmiley Happy

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

I do both.

I start out in All Forums, then choose a specific category to see what's new.

Honored Contributor

This is how I read the forums. The most recent is shown first and they descend in the order posted. It is a mix of all topics. I have not been posting on the boards all that long compared to others. Until more recently than I hate to admit, it did not occur to me to select a category from the menu to read posts. I knew to select one to create a post

@On It.  That's the way I have always read posts.  If you just read just one forum, you miss a lot of good information.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I "view all topics" and read the latest posts too. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@On It I read them just like you do and I've been here for years.

Esteemed Contributor

I view all forums.  There are interesting things throughout the forums, some I wouldn't have seen otherwise.  

Honored Contributor

@On It 

Oh, it's never too late!  At least you're trying!  Keep chipping away at it.  It will start to take shape in your mind and make sense.  I used to be very technically inclined.  Now I'm  just operating with residual knowledge lol 

Honored Contributor

@GingerHead 

Until recently, I was strictly on the Beauty forum but it's been really slow and my 3 yr beauty spending spree/bonanza has come to a halt.  I had to branch out.  Now I'm the Pet Lovers, Community Chat and Electronics.  But, it appears the Pet Lovers is mostly cats and Electronics is mostly Apple.  I'm dogs with Androids lol