Honored Contributor

If you want to cry non stop, go over to the local VA Community Living Center, the VA nursing home, and see how empty the facility is on Veteran’s Day. Some vets are taken to a parade or a ceremony for a couple of hours and the kitchen does prepare a nice lunch but the place is so empty. I was there visiting on Veterans Day for a few years and I felt so bad about this. In the morning, local kids and well meaning people would drop off little cards and gifts for the vets and after this, the place would become deserted. 

Trusted Contributor

Very sentimental post @I am still oxox 

Thank you,

Indeed, our Vets deserve our thanks, kindness & going the extra mile to make them feel welcome.  I love to thank their hands, while thanking them for their service.

Same for the police. 

They're not to be taken for granted.  Believe me, they appreciate our thanks & many are surprised by it.  Too bad, many give them a bad rap.  (no matter the career, there're good & bad in all.)

Prayers & Blessings to all of our Vets & Law Enforement, First Responders.

Respected Contributor

Re: Veterans Day

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

my husband has several ball caps with Veteran on it as well as his retired military caps.

he feels so loved and cared for when something comes up to him to thank him for his service. He replies to everyone who does. "it was my pleasure and honor to keep all of America safe"

@viva923  Please tell your husband I personally thank him for keeping our beautiful country safe with his honorable service.  Bless him!

Honored Contributor

Scarlet Dove,

I will tell my husband your thank you.

Respected Contributor
My husband will be attending different events tomorrow and then going to Applebee’s for a free dinner . He was a combat soldier in Vietnam. He got shot + received a Purple Heart. He’s very patriotic and has lived w/ extreme PTSD. Thank you to all the soldiers in all wars!!
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
My husband will be attending different events tomorrow and then going to Applebee’s for a free dinner . He was a combat soldier in Vietnam. He got shot + received a Purple Heart. He’s very patriotic and has lived w/ extreme PTSD. Thank you to all the soldiers in all wars!!

@KKlim  And I thank your husband for his service, patriotism and dedication to this beautiful country! Bless him!