Contributor

Is it just me or does anyone else think that using Veterans Day to promote 6 easy pays tonight is just not appropriate?  Let us honor our Veterans on Veterans Day.  If you are having a sale, at least give the Veterans a discount like other restaurants etc.

Regular Contributor

Re: Veterans Day Sale Tonight

Veterans are the best.
Honored Contributor

My dh has always said all veterans should get the day off work instead of businesses closing and the employees getting the day off...there are probably veterans in the mix of those whose business close, but you get my point. 

Trusted Contributor

Seriously?

Regular Contributor

Seriously what?
Regular Contributor

We stand on their great shoulders. We have the best country in the world because of them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Plain Ann wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that using Veterans Day to promote 6 easy pays tonight is just not appropriate?  Let us honor our Veterans on Veterans Day.  If you are having a sale, at least give the Veterans a discount like other restaurants etc.

No worse that the dozens of TV ads for cars, mattresses, furniture, appliances and general merchandise that have been showing for the past week.  Just check the online and print ads from most store websites to see what sales they are having in "honor" of Veterans Day.

I do, however, fully support restaurants that give free meals to Veterans (and usually active military) on Veterans Day and also those businesses that offer discounts to Veterans (and active military) throughout the year.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I’m sure there are veterans who shop here and would appreciate it. 

No harm done. 

Regular Contributor

My husband is a veteran. Now he teaches school. Easy pays could be called sleazy pays😌
Honored Contributor

My husband is a partially disabled vet and I have no problem with it. Now, Memorial Day would bother me as it’s a solemn occasion