Super Contributor

Re: Very true saying from facebook.....

I finds it sad that some people think the defintion of being rich is equvilant to money.

Honored Contributor

@Elvita wrote:

I finds it sad that some people think the defintion of being rich is equvilant to money.

Nice, but still not the point.

Super Contributor

Oh but contrar. It is very much the point.

Honored Contributor

I suppose it could be true for people who don't want anything more than they have or don't want to work hard to better their lives.  That's not the world I live in. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

----

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Trusted Contributor

@Elvita wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

The art of being happy is being content with what you have.

How does that work for poor people struggling to make things better for their children?

Do you honestly think a poor person can't be happy? Money does not bring happiness.

@Elvita wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

How does that work for poor people struggling to make things better for their children?

Do you honestly think a poor person can't be happy? Money does not bring happiness.

No it doesn't but it can sure help !

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Seriously?  You've never heard of people saying this?  Throughout history many poor have said they lacked in materials things but neverless they WERE HAPPY?  Grandmas and Grandpas have always claimed this anomaly.  At least mine have.  The art of being happy does not have anything to do with being poor or rich.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Esteemed Contributor

@151949  Aren't you glad you posted.  If you had said "The sky is blue," someone would try to argue.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

So true, girl!

Struggled as a single parent for years. Your child wants new shoes or a new jacket and it's out of the question.

Juggling food, rent, car repairs. Yep, don't fret. Just be happy!

Honored Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Seriously?  You've never heard of people saying this?  Throughout history many poor have said they lacked in materials things but neverless they WERE HAPPY?  Grandmas and Grandpas have always claimed this anomaly.  At least mine have.  The art of being happy does not have anything to do with being poor or rich.

Yeah, I'm sure people who are homeless or can't feed their children or don't where their next meal is coming from are just jumping for joy and praying that things never change for them...because....they are just so darn happy!