Respected Contributor

It has been two years since I have been home to God's Country, but tomorrow afternoon we head north!!  We should be in Michigan on Wednesday afternoon, as we do drive.  I do not fly.  Plus, we take our dogs on vacation with us!!  We will stop in Illinois for the night tomorrow.  We have a neice getting married on Saturday, so happy for her!! 

I do hope the temps are cooler at home.  I am so done with summer....

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

The Lake Michigan states are rainy today but things will clear up. Have a great vacation!

Esteemed Contributor

Michigan is a lovely state.  It sounds like perfection, your vacation and the special event.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

It’s beautiful here in mid-Michigan today 😎. Chance of rain later and maybe tomorrow. Sunny after that, in the 70s.

Have a great vacation!

Honored Contributor

Have a wonderful trip!  Let us see what you wear to the wedding!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@redwingsgal    Just returned to FL from a MI road trip. Allow extra traffic time!  I96 and US23 were horrendous.  I purposely left on a Sunday to avoid traffic. I used My Waze app for police and road hazard alerts. 

Have fun!  I lived in MI 50 years!  Beautiful weather, trees starting to turn. 

Respected Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

@redwingsgal    Just returned to FL from a MI road trip. Allow extra traffic time!  I96 and US23 were horrendous.  I purposely left on a Sunday to avoid traffic. I used My Waze app for police and road hazard alerts. 

Have fun!  I lived in MI 50 years!  Beautiful weather, trees starting to turn. 

We avoid US23 at all costs, even though it is a short cut to our destination!  Thanks for the heads up, I heard 96 is a mess!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal My late DH was a Michigander. When we first met I told him I knew a lot of Michiganders who had moved to So. Cal. where we lived.

He said when one meets another they always ask "Are you from the mitten or the fish?" I always thought that was cute.

Esteemed Contributor

Have the best time ever -- and be safe.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Have a wonderful vacation and be safe.