Respected Contributor

Re: VARIOUS CONTRIBUTOR LEVELS Question

@sunshine45 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

just curious......has anyone said that their post numbers were totally ACCURATE at the time the changeover happened?

Most registration dates were reset to March 2010 - mine is October 2010 which is the actual date and my post count did not change either.

yes, mine was reset to march 2010 although i have been around since roughly 2004. you are the only one i have seen that says their post count didnt change, but maybe there are more.

Anyone whose posts were all from mid-2010 on will have kept most if not all of them. 

Respected Contributor

The contributor levels don't really mean much. Don't get hung up on them. A lot of it just depends on how much you post. I see rude, insensitive people on this board who have "respectable" status...and I have to wonder how they achieved that because they are so coldhearted and crass in their responses to others.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

just curious......has anyone said that their post numbers were totally ACCURATE at the time the changeover happened?

Most registration dates were reset to March 2010 - mine is October 2010 which is the actual date and my post count did not change either.

yes, mine was reset to march 2010 although i have been around since roughly 2004. you are the only one i have seen that says their post count didnt change, but maybe there are more.

Anyone whose posts were all from mid-2010 on will have kept most if not all of them. 

Yes, I think if your real registration date is after March 2010, they should not have changed (much).  

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Yes, I think if your real registration date is after March 2010, they should not have changed (much).  

Mine hasn't changed. I was registered earlier (2008?) but never really started to post until after 2010. I have also never created another nic because of sign-in issues, like some posters have done. Anyone who was "locked out" by forum glitches and believed they needed to create a new ID & sign-in would have lost their old count, unless they were able to get a moderator to "restore" them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I don't know the difference between one contributor level to the other nor do I care about post count. I just do my thing!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

when i was locked out of the name sunshine45 and had to become Sunshine45 sometime last year i didnt lose any posts......my email address stayed intact.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Moonchilde

when i was locked out of the name sunshine45 and had to become Sunshine45 sometime last year i didnt lose any posts......my email address stayed intact.

I know they've had various different types of sign-in glitches that weren't all the same, with the same effects - and some posters were able to be helped after the fact by moderators and IT.  Glad you didn't lose any posts :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sainthood:  Absolutely.  Let it be so - waving wand now.