Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: VARIOUS CONTRIBUTOR LEVELS Question

Well for me when they did the upgrade I went from having almost 15,000 post down to 500 so I really never thought much of the "name" system. As really meaning anything. JMO.

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

Well for me when they did the upgrade I went from having almost 15,000 post down to 500 so I really never thought much of the "name" system. As really meaning anything. JMO.

I agree. I had several thousand posts taken away. There might be a reason or explanation somewhere that I didn't see but I do wonder why some got to keep their numbers and others didn't.

Honored Contributor

just curious......has anyone said that their post numbers were totally ACCURATE at the time the changeover happened?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

just curious......has anyone said that their post numbers were totally ACCURATE at the time the changeover happened?

I mentioned my post total was off by a lot but nothing was done at the time and I never thought it a big issue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

I mentioned my post total was off by a lot but nothing was done at the time and I never thought it a big issue.

mine was off by A LOT also. i dont think i have heard anyone ever say that their post count was accurate after the switch. i didnt think it was a big issue either.....just a glitch that never was fixed.....or couldnt be.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

mine was off by A LOT also. i dont think i have heard anyone ever say that their post count was accurate after the switch. i didnt think it was a big issue either.....just a glitch that never was fixed.....or couldnt be.

@sunshine45 If mine was off, it wasn't by a lot...but I do think there were threads that didn't go from the old system to the new system (either very old or very new right before the change).  But in general I think posts from the most recent few years are largely accounted for, and since I've only been posting since 2012 (my signup date is accurate as well), I kept most of mine.  It's my sense that people who lost a lot of posts lost them from before that time.

Honored Contributor

For some of us, the date we joined is also inaccurate.  They came up with an arbitrary date and assigned it to many of us.  I think I've been here since 2005, but a bunch of us were lumped into a date in 2010.

Honored Contributor

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but if memory serves, there were two times our post counts changed- and the last time was our big format change.  The first time mine dropped like a rock, built it back up and then down big time again. 

Funny, tho, how the glitches didn't have an affect on everyone's post count.  Oh well it happened and we've dealt with it. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Most registration dates were reset to March 2010 - mine is October 2010 which is the actual date and my post count did not change either.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Most registration dates were reset to March 2010 - mine is October 2010 which is the actual date and my post count did not change either.

yes, mine was reset to march 2010 although i have been around since roughly 2004. you are the only one i have seen that says their post count didnt change, but maybe there are more.