Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Your suggestions would probably be better received if it didn’t come off as evangelizing. People shut the door pretty quick on that and just ignore it after awhile. 

Its also not necessary to comment on every thread that is at best tangentially related to try to insert your cause. That tactic will never change anyone’s mind. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Using milk after its expiration date

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

@sidsmom Your suggestions would probably be better received if it didn’t come off as evangelizing. People shut the door pretty quick on that and just ignore it after awhile. 

Its also not necessary to comment on every thread that is at best tangentially related to try to insert your cause. That tactic will never change anyone’s mind. 

@GenXmuse......very good suggestion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Using milk after its expiration date?

[ Edited ]

Milk is not safe.  I will not drink it.  If you are truly interested in this topic, there is a lot of research online.  There a strong lobby that supports the milk industry.  If you are interested in living a healthy lifestyle, you won't include dairy products or meat.  This fact is slowly becoming more mainstream.  I understand that it is hard to undo the status quo, and for that reason people cling to the comfort of what they have always known.  I respect all opinions, and I understand the challenge of change.

And, yes, there are people who live to 100 as alcoholics or smokers, or eating meat/dairy it doesn't mean their health wouldn't have improved without these habits.  Milk is addictive, it contains casomorphines that makes it very difficult to put down.  But once over the addiction, you will find you breath easier, less allergy, colds, respiratory illness.  And you will no longer have the craving. (I won't address the cruelty that is involved in the dairy/meat industry.)

There are plant milks that can substitute.  I make my own.  Try a challenge for a month dairy free and do the research.  You will be pleasantly surprised.  

@sidsmom  I appreciate and respect your convictions.  Change is slow, but progressing.

Honored Contributor

I know it's mind over matter but if I see that it has the days date on it as the sell by date and nope, it's no good, makes the tea and coffee taste funny and down the drain it goes.

If I didn't see the date on it, I'd be okay until the next day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy nothing but Full Circle Market Whole Milk.  It has a very long Sell By date.....bought a 1/2 gal. about 2 weeks ago, and sell by date is Jan.8, 2019.  It is Vitamin D, Ultra Pasteurized, Homogenized, Grade A.....and often use it for a few days past the sell by date.  And, I'm still here.  It has never made me sick.  And never smells bad.

I use this kind of milk because the dietitian in the radiology office where I got my treatments suggested I drink this.....I was in a pretty run down condition, weak, and had lost a lot of weight.....  She said I needed the whole milk to give me extra nourishment.  Thank goodness I don't have diabetes and have to worry about that too.  I am able to eat and drink anything I want to now.  Am holding my own as far as weight goes......  She also said I needed to eat a lot of protein foods.  I try to do that, but also enjoy eating regular food.

Also, I keep my bread in the fridge.....it doesn't go bad in there, and makes excellent toast or French toast.

It breaks my heart to read on here how much you folks are throwing away.....when it is still good.  Yes, I do watch the dates on things, and am cautious, but just can't throw away something that is still good.....  And, I'm still here. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Using milk after its expiration date?M

I don’t drink milk either but I don’t have to tell people all the time. 

Honored Contributor

It should last for a week beyond the date.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t drink milk either but I don’t have to tell people all the time. 

@GenXmuse......right, what would be the point.??? That is your choice, and your business.  

Was just thinking.....  Sometimes I drink 2 chocolate BOOSTS in a day.  That makes up for a lot of things I don't get otherwise.  And is very healthy for me.  

Guess this is turning the stomach of some posters on this thread.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Re:  "Safe" or "Not safe" debate:

All the OP was asking other posters was about the expiration date.  She didn't ask for lectures on dairy (or meat) consumption.

And I think it's rude to change the thread title on someone else's thread.  If you have strong convictions, start your own thread.  Just sayin' - beating others over the head with your own convictions, won't change a thing.

And there's nothing "obvious" about it.  If milk weren't safe to drink, the population would have been practically wiped out by now.