Respected Contributor

Re: Using Palpal to order from Q is always denied. Can anyone help?

Well, I cleaned out my cache/cookies and no go.  I also tried clicking Check Out and then using Paypal but no luck there either. I'm so disappointed because this is prob the 3rd time I've NOT ordered from Q because of this.  Yes, I could just order. The first time this happened that's what I did.  But now I'm to the point where I feel this needs to be fixed.  And not going to bother with CS cuz I've tried that several times already and it's just an exercise in frustration.  Why knock my head against the wall?

The item is the Halo charger.  Just thought I'd add it into my sister's gift.  And then I decided to get one for myself.  Did I absolutely have to have it to survive? No.  Just thought it would be nice to have.  And she does have a car charger.

So, on the bright side, I saved just under $100 today. 

Respected Contributor

I tried using Paypal on QVC a while back. I was not successful; I talked to three persons at QVC about it, but they were unable to help.

So I did not order.

Trusted Contributor

@KalliI use firefox and have no problem.  When I use windows edge I do.

Honored Contributor

Make sure that the cards you are using, listed in your PP account, have up-to-date info. The billing address and exp dates have to be current.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Make sure that the cards you are using, listed in your PP account, have up-to-date info. The billing address and exp dates have to be current.

I did this, no luck. I have a primary card and then a backup card on PP. 

I've used secondary addresses listed in my PP account on other websites with no problem to send a gift.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. There have been several different "error" messages that display when I have tried to use Paypal. None of them make any sense to me, as I use Paypal frequently and on every online site that lists Paypal as a option.

I have called customer service on several occasions trying to figure out the source of the problem. They have even canceled my QVC account and reopened another one in an effort to solve the problem; of course, it did not work.

My purchases from QVC are few and far between because of this issue.

This is also an issue for my mother, whom I convinced a couple of years ago to start using Paypal. She has, in the past, been a prolific QVC shopper. Her purchasing from QVC has dwindled down to almost nothing.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I did this, no luck. I have a primary card and then a backup card on PP. 

I've used secondary addresses listed in my PP account on other websites with no problem to send a gift.

@Snowpuppy 

I’ve used PayPal for years.  The only thing I can think of is after Q shifts you to PP, and you choose your selected payment method, and go to check out you will see a prompt ‘save this payment method’

That always throws me, but, yes, you do want to save it.  If I couldn’t use PP my orders would be at zero.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli  - I always use PayPal with HSN and a couple of other websites, with no problem.

I do remember quite a long time ago trying to use it with QVC by clicking on the PayPal button and not having it work.  Since then, I just click on the regular checkout button and select PayPal as the method of payment.  I haven't had any problems since.

I use it when I'm not absolutely certain that I'll be keeping an item, because PayPal refunds return shipping up to 12 times a year and with the Q's return policy, that comes in handy.

BTW, it doesn't matter if you have the same email address with QVC and PayPal.  I don't and it's never an issue.

Just a thought - did you add PayPal to your QVC account?  If you look at your account and "Payment Types" (or something like that), it gives you an option of "Manage Payment Types".  You need to add your PayPal account there, as you would a credit card for example.

Honored Contributor

I'm afraid I'm going to jinx myself but I've never had a problem.  I only pay with PayPal so this would be frustrating.

I order using the Q app or on my computer, which uses Microsoft Edge, and I've never had a problem.  Sometimes I click the PayPal payment bar and other times I click Checkout and then click my payment type as Paypal. Either way works for me. 

Frequent Contributor

@avid shopper

This is exactly the correct procedure to use. Trial and error.