Contributor

I just received a clothing item I purchased on sale and believe it was used. This is the second time this has happened. It was not marked as is or anything like that.  I am very disappointed in qvc's clothing items and shipping to boot. It's obvious they have not readjusted their shipping and are still using the,  sorry the mail is moving so slow. Funny it seems to be back to pretty much normal for other companies.  Now I know there will be some who say fine, shop somewhere else and after being a customer for many years, I will, but it's a shame Qvc seems headed down a distructive path. 

Honored Contributor

@rvmom    Put them on the list - There's a long list of companies that haven't made it through the pandemic -  and I do believe we'll see more than a few more, maybe just after the holiday shopping months.

Honored Contributor

Re: Used clothing??

[ Edited ]

@rvmom ...........Sounds like you may have gotten a returned item.  Same as you do in the B&M stores.  Its not exclusive to QVC.  You would be amazed at the items in stores that are tried on or taken home wore and returned and put back on the rack as new.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Re: Used clothing??

[ Edited ]

Like @Imaoldhippie states, you purchase returned items at brick and mortar stores all the time. I have seen my returned items back on the racks at regular price. No biggie for me as every single apparel item I purchase from anywhere is washed and dried prior to me wearing. It's more important to me how it comes out of the wash, I want it looking like new and fitting well. 

Esteemed Contributor

The difference at B&M is that I can inspect the garment and make an informed choice.  Also I don't have to pay shipping and wait 2 weeks before it comes.  

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

The difference at B&M is that I can inspect the garment and make an informed choice.  Also I don't have to pay shipping and wait 2 weeks before it comes.  

My friend does this for a NM store.

She inspects clothing returns and decides if it goes back on the floor or elsewhere. 

You can tell a return in Dillards if there is a yellow security sticker on the tag. 

Trusted Contributor

@rvmom 

I just returned a pair of denim and co How Timeless Pants, dark indigo. Not on clearance, not on sale and not As Is. I paid full price. When I opened them they were in a sealed clear package. I thought they look lighter than indigo but I can live with that. The next day I thought I'd better try those pants on. When I took them out of the package they were "soft".  I thought something is wrong here.  The label had been cut out.  There were stretched out places on both sides and the seaming had worn spots on several places.  Very obviously used clothing. I called customer service and returned them. They said they would note to refund return shipping. I had heard of this happening, but I never experienced it in many years of QVC shopping. Now I'll wait and watch for credit and make sure I get return shipping refunded. 

Respected Contributor

I know there are still some long waits for some things...the plantation shutters I ordered in June won't be here until October. Everything else I have ordered like some rugs have been here within two weeks. Q needs to step it up, especially with the shipping charges they have. 

Contributor

QVC has not posted (2) reviews I wrote about receiving a used item (handbag) event though I did write how nice the bag was.   The lesser stars was blaming the shipping department for sending out someone elses return that was also packed horribly and thrown in a bag and was also missing the dust cover.

This is the most unethical and shady practice that is now happening to others who are posting about this "used" item sendouts to customers.    QVC loves the 5 star reviews and posts them immediately.    But say something about how horrible shipping department has become and they will not post it.    All about money and getting people to only post great reviews and keep buying.       Not improving or listening to feedback about what we have to go through to send back USED items or someone elses returns.

They will read what we vent about and could care less.     I have reallly slowed down on ordering anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Years ago I received a Dooney & Bourke bag reeking of perfume. I knew right away it was a return, not from the smell initially, but because all of the wrappings on the hardware were gone. 

Inside I found a small bottle of Nest perfume. It was returned the next day. There is no way I am paying full price for a used, returned hand bag.

Those intial returns need to be put in the As Is category and not pawned off on customers who paid full price for the item.