Honored Contributor

I like easy pay, but it makes it too easy to have a continual bill from QVC, and while if paid each month, there is no interest, it does get old always having a Q card bill coming in. 

I tend to do it more from July through the holiday for gift shopping, more so than the other half of the year.

Honored Contributor

I did easy pay at HSN for a roomba because I was so on the fence about it and didn’t want to lay out all the cash initially until I hada chance to try it. 

EP is helpful but it can be seductive too! It’s tempting to buy something you normally wouldn’t so I have to ask myself if that’s my case when purchasing on HSN. I rarely buy anything here. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Use Easy Pay or Not

[ Edited ]

I use to use easy pay on everything  I purchased. I stopped doing the easy pay  a year ago ....the past year I just pay for everything in full. At the end of the month I pay the bill and I know I do not owe more.  

I think you lose track of what you REALLY owe when you use easy pay. It really is deceptive  selling....   and EASY is not always the best choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I use to use easy pay on everything  I purchased. I stopped doing the easy pay  a year ago ....the past year I just pay for everything in full. At the end of the month I pay the bill and I know I do not owe more.  

I think you lose track of what you REALLY owe when you use easy pay. It really is deceptive  selling....   and EASY is not always the best choice.

Please explain what is deceptive about selling items on easy pay. 

If the item being sold is same for easy pay and full pay customers and the total price is the same and it is clearly stated what the number and amount of the product easy pays are where does the deception come in?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I was just having this conversation with myself today.  I no longer want to pay for anything over a 5 or 6 month period.  I'm currently not buying until my Q Card is paid off.  After that, I not planning to use easy pay again. If I can't afford it, in full then I shouldn't order it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Use Easy Pay or Not

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

If the item being sold is same for easy pay and full pay customers and the total price is the same and it is clearly stated what the number and amount of the product easy pays are where does the deception come in?

@Marp I am sure you are not easily fooled....but many people who are shopaholics... or not too bright....hear “ get this home for only $5.99  or whatever the  first easy pay is....or the host says” buy everything  for just $49 dollars”.( which is the easy pay on items combined but in reality that would be the total amount for 6 months for payments.)    That is all they hear.   That is deceptive selling. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Marp I am sure you are not easily fooled....but many people who are shopaholics... or not too bright....hear “ get this home for only $5.99  or whatever the  first easy pay is....or the host says” buy everything  for just $49 dollars”.( which is the easy pay on items combined but in reality that would be the total for 6 months)    That is all they hear.   That is deceptive selling. 

@SeaMaiden,with all due respect that is not deceptive selling that is lack of personal responsibility or self deception or delusional reasoning on the part of the buyer be they "not too bright" or shopaholics or just don't care.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Marp I am sure you are not easily fooled....but many people who are shopaholics... or not too bright....hear “ get this home for only $5.99  or whatever the  first easy pay is....or the host says” buy everything  for just $49 dollars”.( which is the easy pay on items combined but in reality that would be the total for 6 months)    That is all they hear.   That is deceptive selling. 

@SeaMaiden,with all due respect that is not deceptive selling that is lack of personal responsibility or self deception or delusional reasoning on the part of the buyer be they "not too bright" or shopaholics or just don't care.

@Marp  It is selling with the intent of not being CLEAR  just to make the sale. 

Frequent Contributor

I have never used easy pay, it sounds nice though! Cat Embarassed

I don't buy if I feel uncomfortable to pay in full.

Honored Contributor

It may not be deceptive, but it's a little but sleazy when they conveniently leave out easy pay when they give the lower price. Transactions should be clear, with no chance for misunderstandings. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan