Regular Contributor

Re: Update - prayers for son lung / heart transplant evaluation process

Praying for your son and entire family- may he be blessed with recovery and you and your family have the strength and faith you need to get through this

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Lotus~ said:

Prayers being said for your dear son.

Do you mind sharing his name?

....~hello Lotus,

if I could, I will answer for {amiracleneeded}: her son's name is William.

I, along with many others, here, wait for that positive news we all share to be coming through. I know that the testing and the meeting od any decision will be around two to three more days
Two lung transplants and a possible heart transplant is a very serious round of many doctors making this assessement.

My prayers continue on for this brave and wonderfully devoted mother.

God Bless So Many In Need of A Miracle On This community Board.

I should come to believe this would trump -just about- [anything] I have heard lately. Here or outside of this board. God Bless This Family.

_Naes

Respected Contributor

Naes ~ thank you for sharing William's name. As I said, I just know William is soon going to have a full and long life.

Prayers for the entire family.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2015 amiracleneeded said:

They closed the other thread asking for prayers for my son. I have no idea way.

Update

Please keep him in your prayers as we go into the 2nd round of tests which include meeting the surgical team and a number of over Q&A experts. He will be in the 2nd round of testing and meetings on Wednesday and Thursday. By Thursday afternoon his case will be presented to the board for determining whether he will meet the qualifications to be placed on the transplant list. If he is, they will let us know his score as well. It's all coming at as us so fast. He's keeping his sense of humor.

But you always have the what if question. I am trying so hard to only think and believe in a positive outcome, but what if they turn him down. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I can't breath. But I know it's not about me.

Please keep, my son in your prayers. He is a good person with a pure heart. He has never hurt a person or animal.

Thank you for all you prayers and good thoughts

May God bless your son and you..I believe in a healing miracle. God loves your son and wants him WELL! Cast ALL your cares on HIM!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I've been thinking and prayering for you and your son. Please know that so many are praying for you.....
Honored Contributor

Asking that the Angels and Saints be sent to strengthen him as he awaits his surgery!
Trusted Contributor

Keeping your son William in my prayers, consider it done! No thanks needed!

Super Contributor

{{{amiracleneeded}}} So many here thinking of you and your DS - hope you can drop by soon.

Contributor

There are not enough words to Thank you all.

The evaluation process is finished. It was a long couple of days. No matter how much you prepare yourself for all the tests and interviews there is always something to throw you off guard. And when it hits... it knocks the wind out of you.

For my son it was the pamphlet that said number 1) You can die from this procedure. I held strong through the pamphlet as the surgeon went over it with us. But number 1 hit William. I held strong for William when we met with the surgeon.

I was hit hard when the head nurse and social worker handed us the advance directive to fill out and get back to them in the near future. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Everyone from the surgeon, cardiologist, pulmonologist, psychiatrist, social worker, financial advisor will present his case this Thursday to the board. They all felt positive and will be advising the board to approve. They felt his age was on his side early 30's, his care and medical needs would be met and he was of sound mind.

However the surgeon feels he should have the transplant sooner rather than later. Something else we were not ready to hear.

Please keep William in your prayers and thoughts.

Image result for thank you all so much

Super Contributor

{{{amiracleneeded}}} I can only imagine what your family is going through - how terribly frightened all of you must be reading #1 and hearing about directives. It may be all part of this but still - it doesn't make it any easier to carry.

Your son is a brave soul and has the support of tremendous parents; your family unit is remarkable at any time but especially as you all go through this journey.

May you be granted some peace of mind knowing that all will be done that can be done; this is a hard road but there is still light ahead. There seems to be a lot of support outside of the surgeons - lean on them - that's what they are there for, as you know.

Keeping a candle going for you all and sending gentle hugs.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}