Respected Contributor

Update on the girl that drove into the Oklahoma parade

TULSA, Okla. (Reuters) - A woman accused of killing four people and injuring dozens more at Oklahoma State University's Oct. 24 homecoming parade had a blood alcohol content below the minimum level to be considered legally intoxicated, court papers showed.

According to a brief filed on Thursday with the Payne County District Court by defense attorney Tony Coleman, a blood draw conducted on the day of the accident showed that 25-year-old Adacia Chambers had a blood alcohol content of 0.01 percent.

Several news outlet report investagation is looking into her history of mental illness in light of the 0.01% blood alcohol level.  She has sought treatment more than once recently.

Unfort. as many of you know, the treatment options for mental illness (especially if you have limited funds) are very limited and challanging.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on the girl that drove into the Oklahoma parade

What a tragedy, I wonder if she was any sort of medication? 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her coworker allegedly said she was acting like she was on something, so she didn't finish her shift, and was sent home. I am not sure why they let her get into her car. She didn't plow into the crowd until the next am, so I don't think her employer will be liable.

Is it possible she just did this horrible tragedy on purpose, since her alcohol levels were normal? What about other drugs in her system? 

Honored Contributor

Gosh, side effects from drugs used for anxiety, depression, compulsive disorder & etc. can be so, so bad, especially for someone that just started taking it.  I pray it wasn't done on purpose but then she may not have had control over herself or even blacked out. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

Gosh, side effects from drugs used for anxiety, depression, compulsive disorder & etc. can be so, so bad, especially for someone that just started taking it.  I pray it wasn't done on purpose but then she may not have had control over herself or even blacked out. 

These are interesting thoughts, that are very plausable!  Some of these meds can have terrible side effects!  

Esteemed Contributor

You never know.  She may have just had a streak of wickedness in her and didn't think twice. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Her coworker allegedly said she was acting like she was on something, so she didn't finish her shift, and was sent home. I am not sure why they let her get into her car. She didn't plow into the crowd until the next am, so I don't think her employer will be liable.

Is it possible she just did this horrible tragedy on purpose, since her alcohol levels were normal? What about other drugs in her system? 

Why would an employer ever be held liable? I have heard of the DRAM Law, and I think that is ridiculous. Us anyone in this country ever responsible for their actions anymore?

Always someone elses responsibility/DWI (bartenders fault/Forget to take Meds (employers fault)/DUI (addictions fault). What a bunch of BS! All of us now have to monitor and diagnose others problems?

Won't be long, get ready!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Why would an employer ever be held liable? I have heard of the DRAM Law, and I think that is ridiculous. Us anyone in this country ever responsible for their actions anymore?

Always someone elses responsibility/DWI (bartenders fault/Forget to take Meds (employers fault)/DUI (addictions fault). What a bunch of BS! All of us now have to monitor and diagnose others problems?

Won't be long, get ready!

hckynut(john)

People sue for anything and everything.