Esteemed Contributor

I found out today that Rich is still in the hospital.

They still don't know what is causing the bleeding, so they are going to keep him in the hospital, and do and endoscopy and another colonoscopy.

He bloodwork came back good.

Hopefully, that will give them the answers that they are looking for.

Understandably, he's anxious to get out of there and to go home.

That's the latest that I know.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on My Co-Worker Rich

Hope he finds the cure.

I was struck by your statement that he is a wonderful coworker.  That is high praise for a honorable person.  We should all aspire to that level.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 , thanks for the update. Will keep him in my prayerss.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I meant to post this over the weekend when I saw your first post.  What a wonderful group of co-workers you must have.  You speak very highly of Rich and the fact that he called another co-worker to take him to the hospital speaks volumes.  It makes is so much nicer to go to work when co-workers like and respect each other.

Thanks for the update.

Honored Contributor

He's in the best place he can possibly be. They'll eventually figure it out. I'm glad he's where he can have people watching him and making sure he stays hydrated. Thank you for the update.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Update to my update:

Rich is now home, and he needed four pints of blood, and one pint of plateletts, and he sees his hemotologist on Thursaday.

They think that when they removed the polyups, it scanned over, and somehow the scab broke off, and that's why he was bleeding.

He still hasn't had the endoscopy or colonoscopy, because they are going to see if he heals on his own.

Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much for the update, @Anonymous032819 .  Glad to hear he is home.  I'd been hoping you would update us.