Regular Contributor

First of all, a huge THANK YOU to those who prayed for Kapusta last night. It looks like the power of the Pet Lovers Forum worked! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Kapusta needed an ultrasound yesterday to determine why her heart murmur was more pronounced and to shed some light on some unexplained weight loss. Most of her tests were normal; whatever issues the vet found were minor enough to not need treatment. In trying to figure out why Kapusta gets so many infections I agreed to have them do an ultrasound of her abdomen. There they found a slight thickening in her intestine, which could explain the weight loss. I am waiting for blood test results but so far it points to IBS. (Her sister Tabbykins has IBS and the vet said it's possible for siblings to share that condition.) The other alternative would be lymphoma, but her lymph nodes were normal.

As far as her heart, it looks like the heart adapted to the abnormal blood flow - the heart otherwise looked good. The vet attributed the murmur to the fact that her heart is compensating for Kapusta's age. (She's 13)

For now all I need to do is monitor her heart rate and change her diet to the same one Tabbykins eats, and wait for the blood test results.

Again, I humbly thank you for your prayers {{HUGS}} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Love TrafficDiva