Esteemed Contributor

My sister fell last week on her back from a standing position.  Wouldn't go to Dr. and figured it would feel better with rest.  It didn't.

She went to ER today because she was in such pain. X-ray and CAT scan showed she fractured a bone in her lower back. Is on pain med and has an appt, with an orthopaedic Dr. They asked why she didn't go when she did it.  The $64,000.00 dollar question.

Like I posted last week "I want a cigarette".  I won't but.............oy.  So she was in pain for a week needlessly with her self-diagnosis.  I hope she didn't do any long lasting damage.

Just wanted to give an update.  I did bite my tongue and didn't say boo, it wasn't easy.  lol

Valued Contributor

Re: Update On Sister Who Fell.

Hopefully she will get some relief.  That really was a long time to wait.  Prayer sent.  Keep us updated.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

My sister fell last week on her back from a standing position.  Wouldn't go to Dr. and figured it would feel better with rest.  It didn't.

She went to ER today because she was in such pain. X-ray and CAT scan showed she fractured a bone in her lower back. Is on pain med and has an appt, with an orthopaedic Dr. They asked why she didn't go when she did it.  The $64,000.00 dollar question.

Like I posted last week "I want a cigarette".  I won't but.............oy.  So she was in pain for a week needlessly with her self-diagnosis.  I hope she didn't do any long lasting damage.

Just wanted to give an update.  I did bite my tongue and didn't say boo, it wasn't easy.  lol

@CrazyKittyLvr2 So...did she answer them...when they asked why?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda  Yes, she told them she thought it would feel better in a couple of days.

All through Jan. and part of Feb. she had stomach pains, couldn't eat, was pale, very weak and announced she thinks she has an ulcer.

Nope, finally ended up in ER and hospital for 5 days.  Had to get blood due to low blood volumn. No ulcer, blood vessels in stomach bleeding due to liver problem.  Dr. said a few more days and she would have died.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@esmerelda  Yes, she told them she thought it would feel better in a couple of days.

All through Jan. and part of Feb. she had stomach pains, couldn't eat, was pale, very weak and announced she thinks she has an ulcer.

Nope, finally ended up in ER and hospital for 5 days.  Had to get blood due to low blood volumn. No ulcer, blood vessels in stomach bleeding due to liver problem.  Dr. said a few more days and she would have died.

your sister sounds just like me.....it might be hard for others to understand...

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Sounds like it’s a good thing she fell. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2Sorry about your sister.  Unfortunately, you know she isn't going to listen to anyone regardless of how sick she might be.  You are right to just not say anything.  She is bound and determined to do what she wants.  All you can do is be there for her.  I was actually shocked that she went out a few weeks ago to a store with her husband (I think you said it was for groceries), but she is immune suppressed.  She is taking chances.  So far luck seems to be on her side, let's hope it stays with her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone  I was surprised she went in the store.  Actually, she has been very good with the stay at home thing.  She had gone to have blood work and they stopped for a few things on the way home.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Wow she must have a high threshhold of pain.  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Your sister is one tough cookie.  Kind of reminds me of my parents back in the day when going to doctors was on few and far between occasion.