Honored Contributor

Re: Update On My Health (CT Scan)

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@mousiegirl   Yes, I have a lot of arthritis in my back and neck.  I've had it for 15 - 20 years.  I take ibuprofen every day, and I take a lot of Tylenol, too.  Nothing really seems to help though.  

I really think it's all from stress.  I woke up this morning thinking about my dog, Ava, and my cat, Henry and how much they need me.  I'm more stressed about this than I thought I would be.

@NickNack 

Just wondering if any specific thing(s) have caused your Cervical and Spinal Arthritis since you have dealt with it for 15-20 years. 

My Cervical Arthritis was from a neck injury back in the '70's. I have 3 partially crushed vertebrae in my neck. My Spinal Arthritis is around the 3 Spinal areas where I had my L-3/L-5 and S-1 removed after them being ruptured. My 1st surgery was in 1974.

The first 3 fingers on both hands are very Arthritic because of my 30+ years of lifting reels of phone wire with those fingers. The other parts of my body Arthritis is from my hockey any referring injuries.

Never been one to stress much about many things in life. Our 3 cats and our dog are stress breakers for my wife, and I just love the company. Holding them is always a very comfortable feeling for me.

Never been one that has a headache unless there was a direct cause. Running into walls and hitting my head on cabinets and other things are the external causes. Stress headache, never had one.

Wishing you the best with everything,

hckynut 

@hckynutjohn   I really don't know of a specific reason for my arthritis.  I've had it for a long time, especially in my back and neck.  

Henry, my cat, and Ava, my dog, are a great comfort to me, too.  Henry sits on my lap every chance he gets, and Ava is always beside me.  I don't know what I'd do without them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@NickNack I echo all here who are praying for a good outcome to your medical issues. I can relate as am going through my own health crisis right now and have been stressing out big time.  People keep telling me to not worry but when you're in this situation it's so hard, and going through it during the holidays makes it more stressful IMO.  It's caused me much anxiety and depression. Praying you get answers you're looking for soon!

Thank you @KKJ   I'm so sorry you're having health issues right now.  I understand about the anxiety and depression it's causing you. I will be keeping you in my prayers as well.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

In many states results can not be posted until after physician review. After a physician review, the doctor will sign of that the patient was informed & ok to post. It was like that in NJ at one time but no longer.

A doctor interprets the results and advises the patient accordingly. That’s how it should be; a non medical person does not have the knowledge to interpret results or worse second guess his/her doctor.
Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ 

Sorry to read you are going through some bad health issues. From your post saying you are "worrying and stressed out", I am assuming you are waiting for results from a test/procedure. Some take what seems like forever and I have been through many of them over the last 2 decades.

As long as my mind and my body are functioning well, I don't worry or stress over possible results of any procedure I have had done. I wait till the results come in, and then find out the best solution to ending, or curtailing the health issue, and move on from there.

Now I get concerned about my wife during her many health issues over the same period of time. Have always preferred the issues to be mine as opposed to hers. She is pretty similar to me when it comes to those things.

As for "anxiety and depression" you mentioned!  In the late '90's I admitted myself into the Mental Ward at our hospital. I was there 7+ days, diagnosed with Clinical Depression and Anxiety Panic Disorder.

After all these years, I think of these serious diagnosis, as I am recovering, not cured. My belief is the same as with my Alcoholism. Will always recovering, never consider myself as cured. With these things I do not believe them having a cure, only remission.

If you are, as you say "much anxiety and depression"? Consider seeking out a Professional, as I did. Had I not, I doubt I would be here typing this right now.

My best to you,

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn   I did seek help from an online therapist but it wasn't successful.  I've battled anxiety for years and it's gotten so much worse since my latest health issues.  I'm on 3 different drugs for anxiety and prescription sleeping pills as all the worry keeps me up at night.  Yeah, I'm a real mess!  Can you refer me to your therapist??

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@NickNack I echo all here who are praying for a good outcome to your medical issues. I can relate as am going through my own health crisis right now and have been stressing out big time.  People keep telling me to not worry but when you're in this situation it's so hard, and going through it during the holidays makes it more stressful IMO.  It's caused me much anxiety and depression. Praying you get answers you're looking for soon!

@KKJ   I came back to this thread to find your post because I've been thinking about you.  Have you heard from your biopsy results yet?  

You don't have to post about it if you don't want to.  I just wanted you to know that you're in my prayers and I hope all is well.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack Unfortunately not the news I was hoping for. Been a very difficult time for me.  Hope all your healrh issues are resolved soon!

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@NickNack Unfortunately not the news I was hoping for. Been a very difficult time for me.  Hope all your healrh issues are resolved soon!

I'm so sorry @KKJ .  I'll continue keeping you in my prayers.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

NickNack, you are still in my prayers.

Good suggestions on this tread.  Like you I Google all my symptoms and make myself sick with worry.  I understand.  Prayers still coming your way.

Try to relax and do something that makes you happy.  I know believe me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack @KKJ 

Please keep coming back to the board. We are rooting for you. We are here to support you anytime you need it. Take care.