Honored Contributor

Sounds like there are a series of storms off the Northern California-Washington coasts just waiting to come ashore and move across the country, bringing heavy rains and wind.  I bet this will affect motor freight transportation and deliveries of Christmas goods.  Oh joy!

Meanwhile, my part of the country is under high pressure with sunny skies and unseasonably warm temperatures in the 50s, with 40 mph winds.  Not my idea of Christmas weather.  We've also had no moisture in the city since Halloween.  I had 2" of snow at my house which evaporated by noon. Things are very dry.  I guess El Nino didn't make it this year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624....... We are supposed to have temps in the upper 40's and sunshine up until Christmas Eve.....the cloudy all that day....then for Christmas Day it is supposed to be sunny with a high of about 50.  

But with what you posted, that could change here.  Hope it doesn't.  

Honored Contributor

I'm in the metro-DC area.  We have more rain expected Thursday night into Friday.  Possibly another inch or two.  We had over 3 inches last weekend, according to my little rain gauge.  Record rains this year for this area.  At least it's not snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't have to shovel rain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming Weather

[ Edited ]

Florida is expecting heavy rain storms wed thru fri and much cooler temps.

Respected Contributor

I'm in eastern Pa. and it's been very windy the past couple days.The local weather guy put a chart up this morning and my area is almost plus 20 inches over  of rain for the year and we're to get another 2" over the weekend. Friday is supposed to be around 50 degrees. I'm hoping for no snow at all this winter. As @Krimpette said, that doesn't need to be shoveled.

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Weather

[ Edited ]

baltimore area......we have already had close to 69 inches of rain this year, with more to come thursday and friday i believe.

our average is around 40 inches. our previous high was 63 inches.

we did not just break a record, we SMASHED a record.

seasonably cool today at about 45 degrees, but with lots of sunshine. it was a beautiful day!

ready for some SNOW!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

East Texas upper 50's sunny Christmas Eve and lower 60's and sunny Christmas Day.  I know it can change in a blink of an eye though.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Coastal SC - more rain this Thursday on top of the 2.5'' we had last Friday.

Honored Contributor

Its supposed to be warmer than normal...temps in mid/upper 60's and then on Christmas Day 73.....

Woman SadWoman TongueWoman Frustrated

And did I mention slight chance of rain, and strong winds are coming back.... 

@Kachina624  I think we got some of the rain meant for your area this year.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Not a flake of snow anywhere in SW Michigan and there's a slim chance that we have even the lightest dusting for Christmas. There was some hope that our golf course would open for a few days, but it's still cold enough that play on the frozen ground would damage the turf. I'm happy to be back up north for a bit though. No matter how hard I try, I just can't wrap my mind around Christmas lights in palm trees. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~