Honored Contributor

Mrs. Sweetiebear - I understand the frustration and had many of the same feelings on Fourth of July. I hope you were able to get some sleep.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor
On 1/1/2014 happy housewife said: It sound like Mrs sweetiebear has had a bit to drink.

Hardly.

I can understand her frustration and her need to vent.

Contributor
On 1/1/2014 happy housewife said: It sound like Mrs sweetiebear has had a bit to drink.

Why do you say that? Sounds to me she's just tired of the racket.

Respected Contributor

I don't think so at all. As someone who has to put up with the surrounding illegal fireworks before, during, and after the 4th, I completely understand her frustration/anger. I also have a dog who is petrified at the noise they make and that adds to the anger I feel towards the idiots.

Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2014 Maltese Babies said:

Why do you say that? Sounds to me she's just tired of the racket.

Exactly. She probably wishes she and her pup did have something to drink in order to relax and get some sleep. I wouldn't have liked the racket either.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

My Sophie stirred slightly and then went back to snoring…..

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I don't think Buster even stirred. We kept him up past his bedtime.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Count me as another one who doesn't care for the fireworks. My dog doesn't seem to mind them too much but I hate them.

It would be one thing to set off a few at midnight but these idiots have to go overboard. Same thing with the 4th. Have to put up with it the week before AND the week after.

Oh well. Guess if that's my biggest problem in 2014 I'm blessed.

Super Contributor

Sorry I missed some posts last night. It quieted down pretty quickly after midnight so got to go to bed.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year's Day.

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year to you, too. Glad you finally got some sleep. Hope you have a restful day.