Respected Contributor

Re: Universal Studios in August--Help!

@patbz wrote:

My Son and I are taking 6 & 8 yr old to Universal Studios on 1 August.  The listed price for that date is $259 a ticket (High Season, just before school starts).  Does anybody know if deals etc to help a little.

I just saw a Universal commericial regarding park tickets/packages.  I didn't pay too much attention, sorry.  I find that Universal offers more "deals" than Disney.  Go online to the Universal website and search around.  Also, call them directy and ask about deals.  Another good resource is Disboards.com.  It's mostly Disney related stuff but scroll down and there are a couple of threads about Universal. 

Respected Contributor

Have you tried Groupon? I am taking my 10yr old son to Universal/Disney Aug 17th for 8 days and I found some deals on Groupon. 

@patbz wrote:

My Son and I are taking 6 & 8 yr old to Universal Studios on 1 August.  The listed price for that date is $259 a ticket (High Season, just before school starts).  Does anybody know if deals etc to help a little.

Honored Contributor

@patbz 

Only deals are for FL residents at both Universal & Disney -- of course if you want to call it a "deal".

We went last year with 2 adult kids - we are FL residents, spouse said "we'll pay put your $$ away"...after he saw over $800 for 4 - 1 day passes - he should kept his mouth shut...haha!  That didn't include food, water another $100+.

Absolutely ridiculous I call them greedy 🐷s! I'm not a theme park fan and it was a scorcher that day (August).

Oh and icing on the cake -- our VISA card was "hacked" the same day we used it at Universal! ugh...

Honored Contributor

my adult kids are going next week.

let me call them to see what kind of a deal they got.

i do know that they are staying in a disney hotel i believe.

will get you a breakdown.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I've mentioned Get Away Today dot com previously.

I just checked their website for Universal Tickets.  The total for 2 adults and 2 children would be $464.00.  That is for a one day pass, get one free.  It's $119 for each adult and $113 per child.

I've used them twice and was very happy with their service.

Honored Contributor

just saw my daughter and here is their deal.....

3 nights hotel stay at universal endless summer resort (opened june, 2019.)

2 park days (one park per day, not hopper) that would include universal, islands of adventure, or volcano bay.

$400 per person......3 people in one room.

this does not include airfare. they had points on a southwest visa so their airfare was covered.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

It's gotten so that one has to take out a second mortgage on their home for a family of four to visit any Disney park for a week.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

It's gotten so that one has to take out a second mortgage on their home for a family of four to visit any Disney park for a week.

unless you are coming from far away, a week is too long in orlando.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 :  I agree that a week in Orlando is too much.  Since we weren't new to Disney we did one day.  Later in the week we spent two days at NASA(highly recommend!).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is this in SoCal?  If you know anyone in southern California they get discount.  We used to get discount from my husbands work.  I know it is cheaper over the holidays.  It will be hot, and universal has lots of mist machines  and water attractions.  Wear something you don't care to get wet.  Thats a lot of momey for a ticket.  .  Lots. We got tickets last nov for 119