Respected Contributor

Re: United Parcel Service Made a Boo-Boo

Good grief, are we so degraded in terms of doing the right thing that applause is necessary for NOT STEALING? That's what keeping someone else's merchandise is.

I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Two Amazon packages addressed to someone else, which I didn't realize until I'd opened one. I traced the addressee, who lived near me, contacted her, and she made a touch-free pickup from my driveway. (Packages were hidden from street view in a box.) No valor attaches to something like that, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

This happened to me awhile back...delivery driver left a package that was my neighbor's package a  street over....I walked it over to my neighbor and on the way back the driver came back to my house and seemed relieved that I had taken care of the mistake. Poor drivers are only human!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Good grief, are we so degraded in terms of doing the right thing that applause is necessary for NOT STEALING? That's what keeping someone else's merchandise is.

I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Two Amazon packages addressed to someone else, which I didn't realize until I'd opened one. I traced the addressee, who lived near me, contacted her, and she made a touch-free pickup from my driveway. (Packages were hidden from street view in a box.) No valor attaches to something like that, IMO. 

exactly