Honored Contributor

@catter70   I find Informed Delivery pretty much useless.  I've often received no notification but have had a package sit unsecured overnight in my street-side rural type mailbox.  This happens so often I'd say it's on a weekly basis.  Mostly it shows you what junk mail is being delivered. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think our postal experiences depend a lot on where you live, the volume of mail to your sorting centers, and whether you have a stable work force of local people--in a smaller locale.

If you have a dud, new person or temporary hire to deliver mail, you are probably getting poor service.  If you have a long time career carrier, I think your chances are far better.   Post Office is hard work.  People burn out. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @Kachina624 , you're right about that. I basically did it because I was missing many magazines, but that isn't considered mail, I guess, because they don't even scan them. Go figure, they scan junk mail, but not mags. It just always worries me is if I'm getting mail for others, who might be getting mine. I used to just redeliver incorrect mail, but now I've stopped because I really don't like going in someone's mail box. So now I just put it back out with a note to redeliver.

Trusted Contributor

when i first heard about the mail slowing down, i thought hey! good job de joy! is this in  line with making "america great again? " must be. instead of moving forward with progress, we're sure moving backwards.