Respected Contributor

USPS and QVC shipping issues

I know QVC is working on shipping issues and I will say that a couple of things I ordered in the past month have been delivered timely but I am frustrated with the USPS because orders shipped from NC or Suffolk have been sent past me in St. Louis on to the USPS in Kansas City then back to St. Louis or sit in a warehouse in Hodgkins ILL then to USPS in KC or UPS in St. Louis and then transfered to the local USPS for final delivery ! I am currently waiting for a pair of shoes sent from Suffolk VA to Hodgkins ILL that sat in limbo for 2 days before being sent to a UPS facility here in St. Louis then transfered to the USPS location for delivery. I do anticipate delivery today finally !   I'm sure the only answer is probably increased shipping cost to alleviate such slow delivery.  Makes no sense to me to send a package past me to KC and it take 2 days to make what's normally a 4 hr drive from KC to St. Louis. That's my vent  for the day, thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: USPS and QVC shipping issues

I think it is the shippers, period.  I had something shipped from another store to Connecticut, it took almost 2-week to deliver because when it got to their facility in NYC it was shipped back to Chicago then to NYC and finally their facility in CT, then transferred to the USPS and it finally got delivered after almost 2-week riding around the country.

Honored Contributor

I think packages were put on the wrong trucks when we see them going all over the place.  

I have seen a few times packages coming from NC going to states north of me, then back down to my area.  Not UPS normal route to my house for packages coming from NC.  

UPS tracks packages more closely when the sender pays for the shipping.  Not a return to QVC or HSN.  One time, UPS informed me there would be a delay because the box was put on the wrong truck in error.

Another time, I saw a box leave Minnesota, go to California, then obviously caught, and sent east to me.   

Then there was the time, a box sat at my local post office for 5 days.  Called and was told they would look for it.  It was delivered the next day.  This happened twice. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes.  All of the shippers, including the USPS, have "hubs" or distribution centers through which they must pass before continuing on to a final destination.  Hodgkins, Il. Is UPS's largest distribution center in the world.  They don't seem to ship out or take in freight on week-ends so if your order lands there at the end of the week, it will sit for several days before continuing its journey.  Imagine the chaos that would ensue if they didn't have the organization of these centers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I had a QVC package delivered by UPS this morning.  I'm shocked.

Respected Contributor

@sann wrote:

I had a QVC package delivered by UPS this morning.  I'm shocked.

It's been happening to me quite a lot lately, from both QVC and HSN. It's awesome!

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Goodie2shoes !

Prior to moving to the Vegas area, my husband and I lived in Waikoloa, HI on the Big Island.  While there, one of my Q orders of beauty products was sent to me via Guam!  Clearly loaded into the wrong air cargo container.  Someone somewhere misread the shipping label.

Respected Contributor

Update on my delivery which should have arrived from the post office today. I arrived at my daughter's house to babysit my grandson and that's where I usually have my deliveries sent to because I am usually there when the mail comes. I arrived at the same time the postman was delivering the mail, no package. I checked my phone for delivery status, USPS update stated the package had been delivered 15 mins before I got there !  No way ! I called the post office, told they would contact the mailman to find out what happened but I never received a return call with update. About 6 pm this evening my daughter called me to say a neighbor had delivered my package so apparently the post office delivered it to the wrong address. UGH !  Frustrating but at least I know it's been delivered so I will get it tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

You mentioned packages sitting over the weekend in Hodgkins ILL. Yes, my package was shipped there and sat for the weekend before shipping Monday. Thanks for the info.