Honored Contributor

Does anyone have this and how does it work?

Would it help for mail that you didnt receive? 2 people that sent Christmas card plenty early, we never received yet.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: USPS Informed Delivery?

[ Edited ]

I have this--and it works fine. I can see what is coming , both mail and packages. You can go on the website and see your  past delivieries too. also tells you when you have nothing coming. doesn't cost anything either. Not sure they can tell you what was not delivered--maybe those people wrote down the wrong address. 

Trusted Contributor

Informed Delivery here in our area only means every morning you will receive an email stating what will be delivered that day. They present pictures of the envelope, unless it is too large. They also state what packages you will receive and where they are from. In addition, they state packages "arriving soon".

I like having it so that I know what will be arriving that day but it won't help with packages you are not receiving. I do have to add that it is not always accurate as far as packages. I have received packages the same day that were not on the list. Also, keep in mind, only USPS packages and mail are on this list. 

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs  They send a photo of each piece of mail you are supposed to receive that day. If there is something you do not receive, there is a place for you to check that you did not receive it. They do ask that you give a certain time to see if it shows up. I like it.

Honored Contributor

Yes we have it and love it.

A photo copy of letters and cards are included in the email as well as tracking number on packages you should receive.

Regular Contributor

I'm a big fan.  Before I retired, I had packages sent to my office.  Not possible now.  I live in an apartment building without a doorman.  Porch pirates were killing me (and other tenants). Informed Delivery lets me know what is coming and when to expect it.  I then go and sign up for a specific package's text notification.  It hasn't 100% cured all theft, but it helps a lot.  FYI, UPS has a similar service you can sign up for at no charge.

Honored Contributor

In the case of mail missing prior to you signing up, no it's not going to help.

Trusted Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have it too and love it.  

If a piece of mail shows in your Informed Delivery but doesn't get into your mailbox within five days, you can report it as missing.  Other than that, there's no other way to see if something went missing before your mail was scanned for delivery.

Respected Contributor

My mail usually comes around late afternoon, but I can checkout informed delivery around 7 AM so I know what's on the way... also any packages as well...