Esteemed Contributor

Re: ...Re: US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

@Suziepeach   Mine was sent to Philadelphia.  I don't know why I am surprised.  God, I wonder if they do a second round, will it be another cluster?

Honored Contributor

Re: ...Re: US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Suziepeach   Mine was sent to Philadelphia.  I don't know why I am surprised.  God, I wonder if they do a second round, will it be another cluster?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I told my husband, "Lord I hope they don't send mom another check, LOL"..  I'm not surprised how slow they're being, I can well imagine each US Treasury facility might be short- handed but goodness gracious they don't get their money, hahahahaha...

Hope if there is a second round, they've learned from the first cluster..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

Re: US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

I know how you feel but they are understaff and it takes them 45 days or more to work through their system. It would have been better if you would have gotten a cahiers check. I tell my tax clients that all the time, can you imagine how many checks they receive on a daily basis. were your husband alive last year when you file taxes, if so that is why they went by 2018 taxes and if he was on Social Security they may not have removed his number yet. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Did you ever stop to think that teams of computer programmers got this basically dumped on them overnight?  For Lord knows how many people?

They have to program the computers to identify WHO gets the check and how much each gets--so those paramaters have to be in the machine instructions. And this stuff hardly ever works without a lot of machine testing and correcting bugs.

They have to figure into the program where the checks will be issued from, where to gather and sort that information, what order they go in, how they will be mailed or do they go to an account and program in which get mailing addresses.

I would bet a lot of programmers worked many long nights and weekends to get this put together. 

Mailing alone is an ordeal:  envelopes to be printed, checks to be printed. and of course some people get theirs directly to their account which makes life easier for all.

So you got your check, why worry about when it is cashed?  People in the government are just people who work there so why not think about all they did to get people their money?  To me that is pretty much a miracle they did it in in such a short time frame and got it as right as they did.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   Huh?  Yes, I got my $1200 direct deposited.  They, the Treasury, have not cashed the check I sent back 3 months ago returning money I was not entitled to.

I just want the money out of my account.  Why not have me send it back the way I got it, a wire (direct deposit)?  It would have been immediately in their coffers as oppossed to checks sitting around in piles waiting to be processed.

Honored Contributor

I'm only guessing that if one received/receives a check (to a deceased person) by mail, that it's a good idea to send it back via registered/receipt required mail. 

And make a copy.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Is it hurting you? If not, stop complaining and let the government tend to really important matters. Those employees may still be working from home for health reasons and those checks may be sitting around in unopened envelopes.

That's hardly on their top 10 (or even top 100) priorities at the moment. We've got people really sick with the virus; we've got huge issues about a potential vaccine; we've got students trying to return to school, colleges and Universities across the country (yet no official protocols are in place for everyone, everywhere); we have massive unemployment; we have homeless families; we have a huge need for food, clothing and the basic necessities of life; the hurricane season is upon us; the most important election in our nations' history is coming up; people are being pardoned; and oh, so much more is going on within our government. Pay attention! 

And you think $1200 is a big deal? They will cash it when they get around to it. You are not #1 in the Federal Government or your neighborhood or your family. Get a hobby, meet some friends, read some good books, take walks, volunteer, and view the world as an interesting place. Do something rather than complain. You'll be much happier.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Is it hurting you? If not, stop complaining and let the government tend to really important matters. Those employees may still be working from home for health reasons and those checks may be sitting around in unopened envelopes.

That's hardly on their top 10 (or even top 100) priorities at the moment. We've got people really sick with the virus; we've got huge issues about a potential vaccine; we've got students trying to return to school, colleges and Universities across the country (yet no official protocols are in place for everyone, everywhere); we have massive unemployment; we have homeless families; we have a huge need for food, clothing and the basic necessities of life; the hurricane season is upon us; the most important election in our nations' history is coming up; people are being pardoned; and oh, so much more is going on within our government. Pay attention! 

And you think $1200 is a big deal? They will cash it when they get around to it. You are not #1 in the Federal Government or your neighborhood or your family. Get a hobby, meet some friends, read some good books, take walks, volunteer, and view the world as an interesting place. Do something rather than complain. You'll be much happier.   

Wow. Quite a little lecture there defending...the IRS? With lots of little insults and barbs embedded in it to boot. I am sure we all have all the friends and hobbies we need and can figure out our own priorites and mindsets just fine. There is nothing wrong with the OPs post.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

At least you GOT one....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is discourteous to another poster