Esteemed Contributor

US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

Back in April I got stimulus money for me and my deceased DH.  It took 3 weeks to get instructions how to return it.

I chuckled because the instructions said to retirn the money IMMEDIATELY. Yeah, I connected someone right away about returning that for the money YOU SENT ME. lol

I got the return instructions via email on May 6th in late afternoon. I made the check out, per the instructions, with a note with DH name etc.  Took a picture of the check and sent it to my email.  I don't have a copier.  Got cert. of mailing went it was sent the next day, May 7th.

Next Friday Aug. 7th it will be 3 months since I sent it, they still have not cashed that dumb check.

Yeah, I know, virus has messed everything up but, geesh 3 months.

Honored Contributor

Re: US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Weren't you entitled to half the money?  

Respected Contributor

...Re: US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

I would imagine the US Treasury is a bit busy these days.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    They direct deposited $2400 into my account, I, rightly so, had to send back the $1200 they sent for my husband.  He died in May of 2019.

Honored Contributor

I know someone who still hasn't received their tax refund and it's been 5 months since they filed electronically!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ...Re: US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

@minkbunny  I know they are somewhat short handed but 3 months for something they wanted immediately seems like a long time.

Honored Contributor

Re: ...Re: US Treasury Check Still Not Cashed.

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 if I remember correctly we were talking about this the early part of May as I wrote and sent the refund back for my deceased MIL, wrote and sent check on May 6th- the check finally cleared on July 7th.. am looking at it right now.  Give it a little more time..  mine was sent to Chamblee, GA... they sure are slow but it will eventually get cashed.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I agree that it seems like a long time but it is minuscule for the government. My kids told me that the motto when they were in the military was "Hurry up and wait"  so I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I am surprised that it is taking so long, even with them being busy.  We always owe taxes; so, when I mailed our check on Monday and checked my bank account on Wednesday, they had already cashed it.  That surprised me.

Do not misplace your paperwork!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I always role my eyes whenever anyone puts the federal government in charge of ANYTHING.  Seems like there is always some problem or snafu.  They are just so inefficient, it's a crime.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York