Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chrystaltree  They never ring my doorbell or knock.  It bugs me.  I am always on the lookout if I order a Dooney or something expensive.  I don't understand why it is so much work to ring the doorbell. 

I don't understand it either, the mail carriers always ring my bell and if I'm not home, I can pick my stuff up from the Post Office on Saturday.

Respected Contributor

I think it is safe to assume that some ups route drivers are lazy and others vindictive if youv'e complained about them before.  Their message is loud and clear - your complaints are not enforceable, you will not get a different driver and certainly no one will ever lose their job because they didn't comply with your wishes.  

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I am laughing because my packages look like a truck ran over 

them all the time.  USPS, and FEDEX  are much better

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty lucky with our UPS.  They have a battle getting in and out of our driveway (we're way back a private lane).  I do however wish we weren't on the end of the delivery route.  I usually go out to meet him before he has to turn into the driveway, now with it being dark its hard for me to get across the yard.

I've always had good service with FedEx, except for my last delivery.  They left the package beside our mailbox which is 700 feet down the lane and not visible from the house.  I called and taked with supervisor; nicest man, and he advised he knew exactly who delivered it (a newbie) and he would make sure all his drivers were aware they weren't supposed to do that.

Respected Contributor

My regular UPS guy retired this summer and oh, how I miss him!  He always knocked, would bring heavy items inside and often just chatted a while.  He was a real sweetheart.

Now, I have to keep checking because no one knocks and I worry about having packages in full view on my porch.