Trusted Contributor

The no left turn speeding up package delivery is interesting but it makes sense. It you're turning left, you have to wait for traffic from both directions to be clear before you can pull into traffic, while if you're turning right, you only have to wait for traffic from one direction to clear so that you can pull out into it.

Honored Contributor

This could be interesting! Around me, I think the only 24-hour place is a 7-11. That means my packages would cost way more than 50 cents each - I can't go there without buying a cuppa. Love their coffee!

And a question - which delivery service has their rates due to rise just after the new year? Us that Fed-Ex? If so, this new delivery could be UPS' attempt to raise shipping costs without raising it on all packages.

Re-deliveries do cost, but if I had that happen, I think I'd rather UPS charge me for the extra tries. I just can't quite figure out the logistics. It would take time and computer work to get that money since the delivery company gets its money from the seller, not at a package's destination. My UPS guys are always running; I just can't see them having time to stand around and collect 50 cents.

Super Contributor

If I'm not home, my UPS man will put in on a chair which is right next the fence (which is not too high). He reaches right over the fence. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

my ups man just drops my packages on the porch...rings the bell and leaves before I can get to the door..lol....(I must be too ugly...)....hahaha....

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor
On 10/4/2014 Cakers1 said:
On 10/4/2014 tansy said: Amazon gives me the option of having packages go to a "locker" at various locations around me. So far I haven't tried that.

At a store? Like Foot Locker?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Seriously - where are the lockers? Never knew that about Amazon.

The local Bartells Drugstore was one location and maybe a convenience store, too.
Honored Contributor
Cakers? Try googling Amazon locker locations for your area.
Super Contributor
On 10/4/2014 tansy said:
On 10/4/2014 Cakers1 said:
On 10/4/2014 tansy said: Amazon gives me the option of having packages go to a "locker" at various locations around me. So far I haven't tried that.

At a store? Like Foot Locker?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Seriously - where are the lockers? Never knew that about Amazon.

The local Bartells Drugstore was one location and maybe a convenience store, too.

Ok - never knew about Amazon. I wonder if their drones can land there. lol!

Respected Contributor
On 10/4/2014 circles said:

my ups man just drops my packages on the porch...rings the bell and leaves before I can get to the door..lol....(I must be too ugly...)....hahaha....

Mine just started doing this too.

You should see some of the outfits I answer the door in I am surprised my UPS man didn't quit.

Honored Contributor

I don't guess I'd be impacted much by this, now that I think about it. My UPS guy doesn't get a signature, he just leaves packages outside your front door (in my townhouse community). My guy does ring the bell once before he moves on. I guess I'd be concerned about the possible change if I ordered something that needed a signature.