Honored Contributor

I think I've shared here before, about how funny my UPS guy is.  

Today, he made me laugh again.  He pulled up out front while I was working outside so I went out to the truck to see what he was dropping off.  I saw a big box that had my new Duraflame heater in it.  He was in the back of the truck, looking for another package.  He found it and got out of the truck with the big box and told me I wouldn't need the heater (the outside of the box was labeled as to the content) because we were going to have a warm winter.  

I took the smaller box (from the gap) and he said it must have thermal pajamas in it.  I looked at the outside, and it had no mention of the contents, but yes, it was pajamas I had ordered for one of my granddaughters. I asked him how he knew what was in the package and he said "I open all the boxes and check them out". 

This guy needs a comedy gig.  He always makes me laugh!

Respected Contributor

@september He is a funny guy. 

Regular Contributor

I think it's great that you have a delivery person who brings humor along with the packages. It's so nice to know that there are people like that still around. Enjoy all your purchases and the humor bonus that the UPS man brings.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my UPS guy too. He has been with me since he was a young kid on his first job  and now he is married with practally grown up  kids.

He always has a big smile and is always happy no matter what !

My dad was a UPS guy .I have his gold watch they gave him for 50 yrs of service. When I was little they wore hats and I always waited impatiently for him to come home and put that hat on my head and he always had an apple or something good in his lunch box for me  <3

If my dad could see the UPS planes,trains,trucks and everything else they have now,World Wide shipping/delivery , he would be so impressed. When he started they used cars.............lol 

Honored Contributor

I used to have the best UPS guy and still miss him to this day.  He would always make sure he said hello to my Chloe who would dutifully wait for him and was thrilled when he came up the walk as he would always give her a quick scratch to say hello.

A few years ago things have definitely changed and I have no clue as to who will be delivering (which is fine as I for the most part don't order online anymore) but it was a fun time in my life as when we both would hear the UPS truck I would say to Chloe "UPS" and she would rush to the front door . . . good times!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I love my UPS guy too. He has been with me since he was a young kid on his first job  and now he is married with practally grown up  kids.

He always has a big smile and is always happy no matter what !

My dad was a UPS guy .I have his gold watch they gave him for 50 yrs of service. When I was little they wore hats and I always waited impatiently for him to come home and put that hat on my head and he always had an apple or something good in his lunch box for me  <3

If my dad could see the UPS planes,trains,trucks and everything else they have now,World Wide shipping/delivery , he would be so impressed. When he started they used cars.............lol 

I was told to get a full time job at UPS, you were really set for life working.  UPS has a lot part time workers.  They don't get benefits like the full time positions.  Anyway I heard it was little tough getting the full time jobs.

Honored Contributor

@september - Sounds like you got a great UPS guy!  My UPS guy (yes he's mine and no one else can have him!) gives my dogs a dog biscuit every time he drops off a package.  He even visits and gives them a treat when he drops stuff off at the next door neighbor's.....he's awesome!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@september

The Good Humor Man!  Does his truck have a catchy tune jingling out from speakers?!   Smiley Tongue  Thanks for the chuckle. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

We've had some great UPS drivers here, over the years.  

One guy would bring me a couple copies of the UPS calendar for the coming year.  I always asked him if this is the nekkid UPS guy version.   He retired.

I wish we still had our own driver for both UPS and USPS, but both carriers seem to be doing some kind of split-route thing.  We have different drivers and sometimes it seems like things don't go well.  Everybody seems to get everybody else's stuff on our small street.

These folks, especially UPS, really work hard.  I've known so many of them over the years in different capacities, so I do appreciate them, over all.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

We've had some great UPS drivers here, over the years.  

One guy would bring me a couple copies of the UPS calendar for the coming year.  I always asked him if this is the nekkid UPS guy version.   He retired.

I wish we still had our own driver for both UPS and USPS, but both carriers seem to be doing some kind of split-route thing.  We have different drivers and sometimes it seems like things don't go well.  Everybody seems to get everybody else's stuff on our small street.

These folks, especially UPS, really work hard.  I've known so many of them over the years in different capacities, so I do appreciate them, over all.

@chickenbutt

Late today 3 UPS trucks pulled up in front of my house and switched a lot of  packages. They piled up about 20 or more boxes each and shared them with each other........then they had a nice talk for a little while ....

About an hour later,about 6pm, I looked outside again and all 3 trucks were passing by going up the block towards a really great restaurant where they sometimes hang out.........lol