Valued Contributor

Anyone know what the deal is with the UPS tracking?  My TSV instant pot supposedly was shipped on the 9th and it looks like it sat in California until the 15th with no updates.  Then, shipped out again supposedly to me in GA and to be delivered yesterday.  Still no instant pot.  Now, it doesn't say delayed or any other explanation, just in transit. I don't get it.  It seems like we should have better shipping available considering the prices we pay for items and also shipping charges.  Anyone have an explanation?

Respected Contributor

Re: UPS Tracking

[ Edited ]

@patticakes  I have UPS MyChoice and whenever I had items shipping via UPS from California I did not receive very good updates. I think the items are being picked up by UPS and then put on a plane. I noticed that when the item arrives on the east coast I start to receive notices again. Most of the items arrive in Jacksonville and then I start to see the items move again and eventually they arrive in Savannah.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patticakes: Have you contacted UPS?  They can track your package for you.

Honored Contributor

Why not call UPS?  1-800-742-5877

Respected Contributor

Signing up for UPS My Choice gives specific delivery information. I have the free version. It tells me the delivery date and delivery window.

Valued Contributor

I am signed up for MyChoice.  Also, contacted Customer Service and they have no info.

Honored Contributor
I have found UPS ships packages ...then hands them over to USPS for actual delivery....where the orders enter a black hole.
Respected Contributor

It was shipped freight from CA to GA. That means it was on tractor trailer. They don't stop to scan when shipping OTR (over the road)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely, our shipping carriers need improvement.

Ordered something directly from Dublin, Ireland on the 12th.  It arrived in NYC on the 13th.  It's still at an USPS facility in NYC on the 18th.  I'm sure it had to go through customs, but this is ridiculous.

I live 158 miles from NYC.  I could have driven there and back several times.  

Respected Contributor

UPS still gives me a delivery date (UPS My Choice) when packages are transferred to USPS. They just can’t give me a delivery window.

So far, none of my orders have been delayed by USPS.