Respected Contributor

@millieshops 

Since you are an accomplished shipper to FL, hope you know that Staples ships everyday UPS and that AARP folks get a discount at the UPS store.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@rms1954  sorry if I wasn't clear for you but what made me upset was that the guy never came back after the first time he brought the package to my door and verified my name. He stood outside on his phone ( I assumed he was calling UPS to verify my package) then left. When I checked my tracking email after he left it said the package had been delivered.  That was my $500 laptop that I assumed he gave to someone else, even the HSN rep said she would have been very upset as well. I'm just glad I got my package. .

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Just a heads up during the Holiday deliveries. UPS has temporary drivers who are using their own cars (or maybe UPS has rental cars) and they have a sign on the drivers door that says Temporary UPS driver, the delivery person wears a vest that says UPS.

Now here is my delivery issue:  I ordered a new laptop from HSN. I got a email that it was out for delivery. When the driver knocked on my door, I answered and he called out my name and I confirmed  who I was. He then looked at his phone and told me the box went to someone else along with another box he had so he said he had to confirm the order and would be back. I waited but later saw him outside by his car talking to someone, waiving his hands in the air then got in his car and left. I had told him when he came to my door that it was my laptop.

I was so upset, called HSN right away and told them what happened and that per the email tracking it said the package had been delivered.  The rep was very nice and understood why I would be upset, it was a $500 laptop !  She told me while I was on the phone she was notifying UPS and I should call back the next day to get the status update.

Well about 45 mins later a knock came on my door, I looked out my living room window and there was the same UPS driver getting back in his car. I opened the door and there was my box with my name and address on it. I opened the box, it was my laptop. I notified HSN right away. Big thanks to that HSN rep who handled the problem right away. The moral of the story is: watch your deliveries. I'm know that with this covid more people order online and with the holiday coming, things like this will happen again.

Sounds like a totally incompetent UPS Temp Delivery person. If he saw ur name and address, why didn't he give it to you immediately????

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Big Annoyance:  we have a large front  porch with a roof over it. There is a wrought iron table by the door.   It is protected from the street by a line of hemlocks.  My large but lightweight QVC package was waiting for me BUT on the driveway.....thank goodness no rain that day.

The porch is quite close to the parking area of the driveway.   I wonder what kind of training / instructions these temps are given !

Some of these delivery people are bird-brains. Who leaves packages on the driveway???

Respected Contributor

I live in large condo development and starting this week noticed UPS was using rental trucks which is not unusual at this time of year. I am however, sad to have lost my regular full time driver who is wonderful. Probably using him somewhere else. Today a regular brown truck came but not my regular driver. I guess the important thing is I get my packages. Also saw yesterday in parking lot of supermarket I was at a brown truck, rental truck and a car reorganizing packages among the three vehicles, not really an unusual siting this time of year. Guess they were not able to hire their seasonal teenage helpers this year due to COVID so they had to reorganize and take a different approach. I did hear an advertisement on radio this morning saying UPS was hiring.  

Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Big Annoyance:  we have a large front  porch with a roof over it. There is a wrought iron table by the door.   It is protected from the street by a line of hemlocks.  My large but lightweight QVC package was waiting for me BUT on the driveway.....thank goodness no rain that day.

The porch is quite close to the parking area of the driveway.   I wonder what kind of training / instructions these temps are given !

I have the same issue with FedEx, covered porch and a table setup right there. They cannot take that extra step to put it on the table or closer to the door instead of the steps. The UPS guy is an angel.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Just a heads up during the Holiday deliveries. UPS has temporary drivers who are using their own cars (or maybe UPS has rental cars) and they have a sign on the drivers door that says Temporary UPS driver, the delivery person wears a vest that says UPS.

Now here is my delivery issue:  I ordered a new laptop from HSN. I got a email that it was out for delivery. When the driver knocked on my door, I answered and he called out my name and I confirmed  who I was. He then looked at his phone and told me the box went to someone else along with another box he had so he said he had to confirm the order and would be back. I waited but later saw him outside by his car talking to someone, waiving his hands in the air then got in his car and left. I had told him when he came to my door that it was my laptop.

I was so upset, called HSN right away and told them what happened and that per the email tracking it said the package had been delivered.  The rep was very nice and understood why I would be upset, it was a $500 laptop !  She told me while I was on the phone she was notifying UPS and I should call back the next day to get the status update.

Well about 45 mins later a knock came on my door, I looked out my living room window and there was the same UPS driver getting back in his car. I opened the door and there was my box with my name and address on it. I opened the box, it was my laptop. I notified HSN right away. Big thanks to that HSN rep who handled the problem right away. The moral of the story is: watch your deliveries. I'm know that with this covid more people order online and with the holiday coming, things like this will happen again.

Sounds like a totally incompetent UPS Temp Delivery person. If he saw ur name and address, why didn't he give it to you immediately????

@kivah 

Because the package had accidentally been delivered to the wrong person.

He didn't have the package to give to her.

He had to go and get it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

We have not had our regular UPS driver lately who has been on our route for over ten years.  We ordered a case of wine that a different driver delivered.  Upon opening, one bottle was missing.  Upon further inspection of the box, it was clear that the original tape had been opened and the box re-taped with a different kind of shipping tape.  We let the wine store know.  I think the UPS driver or whoever took it must have been disappointed as it was a case of light dessert wine, but it's what I like.