Honored Contributor

Uh-oh!  Scheduled to increase December 26 by almost 5%.  At least they waited until after Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Rates are already nuts!  I paid $11.95 to return a not that heavy coat to Belk's.  It was 2 day priority.  I sent it Sunday morning, which I know isn't a mail day but I figured it would be delivered Tuesday.  My tracking says it will be delivered sometime today by 8:00 p.m. 

Super Contributor

Re: UPS Shipping Rates

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Rates are already nuts!  I paid $11.95 to return a not that heavy coat to Belk's.  It was 2 day priority.  I sent it Sunday morning, which I know isn't a mail day but I figured it would be delivered Tuesday.  My tracking says it will be delivered sometime today by 8:00 p.m. 

Are you talking about USPS?

Honored Contributor

Re: UPS Shipping Rates

[ Edited ]

I paid $15.00 for a small package to ship (UPS) from Ohio to Florida....I was shocked it cost so much, there was no weight to the package.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to your future.  When the brick and mortar stores disappear the rates will go even higher for online shopping and shipping.  

The service is getting slower too.

Respected Contributor

UPS and USPS are both high.

Honored Contributor

Earlier this week, UPS announced rate changes that are set to take effect on December 26. This December 5 announcement leaves shippers with little time to prepare for these coming rate increases, coupled with this announcement coming during Peak Season.

The Atlanta-based transportation and logistics bellwether said the following rate increases will take effect: UPS Ground, UPS Air and International services will head up by an average net of 4.9%; fuel surcharges will apply to Additional Handling, Over Maximum Limits, Signature Requires and Adult Signature Required accessorials; a processing fee of $2.00 per package will be charged when Package Level Detail (PLD) is not provided to UPS prior to delivery; and the rates for certain value-added services and other charges will increase.

https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/ups_rolls_out_2019_rate_increases_leaving_shippers_with_short_...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein