Honored Contributor

So on Friday I got a package left in my door, it was addressed to someone I don't know and doesn't live in my two family home (it had my address on it). Now this couldn't have been my regular driver as I know him. So Saturday I call UPS customer service to tell them about the package delivery, that it wasn't mine. The customer rep gets my name and house number, then asks for my phone number, which is unlisted and I didn't want to give it. She tells me they can not arrange for pickup without my phone number (I don't understand why), so I end up giving it to her. She tells me the package will be picked up on Monday (never asking me if that's okay with me). Well today is Tuesday and they haven't picked it up yet. I feel I have done the right thing, gone out of my way, I'm done! I'm sure the company that sent the package had to send out a replacement to the person that didn't receive it. Isn't UPS responsible for the package, doesn't anyone want it back (I don't even know what's in it, it came from Brightstar, I didn't open it)? Why did she want my phone number so badly when she didn't even call me to schedule another pick up time? 

Honored Contributor

IMO you've done your due diligence in calling them for a pickup. I would put it on my porch with a sign saying 'UPS' and the rest is up to them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  - if they don't pick it up, while I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, I would keep it in the car and drop it off at one of the UPS stores or Staples when I was passing by.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Jordan2  - if they don't pick it up, while I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, I would keep it in the car and drop it off at one of the UPS stores or Staples when I was passing by.

That's a good idea, however I don't feel this should be my problem.

Respected Contributor

You could ask your regular driver about it. 

Or call UPS again. You might get a better customer service rep.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

That’s true but....it would just be a nice thing to do.

I’m sure the receiver would appreciate it.

Frequent Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

It's not, but what would you want someone do to if that was your package left on a stranger's doorstep?

Honored Contributor

You've done the right thing, IMO.  I would call UPS again and hopefully get someone more responsive.  Personally, I would not take it upon myself to deiiver the package.  You are not a delivery service and you don't know what's inside the package.   The correct recipient paid for delivery and it's up to UPS to get it right.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  It's not your. probalem but it is the right thing to do. If it is a good distance from your house you can call UPS and ask themto pick it up. Wht else would you do with it, throw it away?

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So on Friday I got a package left in my door, it was addressed to someone I don't know and doesn't live in my two family home (it had my address on it). Now this couldn't have been my regular driver as I know him. So Saturday I call UPS customer service to tell them about the package delivery, that it wasn't mine. The customer rep gets my name and house number, then asks for my phone number, which is unlisted and I didn't want to give it. She tells me they can not arrange for pickup without my phone number (I don't understand why), so I end up giving it to her. She tells me the package will be picked up on Monday (never asking me if that's okay with me). Well today is Tuesday and they haven't picked it up yet. I feel I have done the right thing, gone out of my way, I'm done! I'm sure the company that sent the package had to send out a replacement to the person that didn't receive it. Isn't UPS responsible for the package, doesn't anyone want it back (I don't even know what's in it, it came from Brightstar, I didn't open it)? Why did she want my phone number so badly when she didn't even call me to schedule another pick up time? 

ANOTHER UPS HORROR SHOW

I ordered that TSV earbud thingy that fits on your head not in your ears.  The order was placed on the 14th.  I was informed that UPS SUREPOST was handling delivery.  That has always meant that UPS hands off pkg to USPS. I then start getting a # of ambiguous entries on tracking the package on the UPS app on my phone.  It goes on for 3 days with driver entry that he can't get through the gate at my apt complex (UPS drivers here each day/every day so must have been a driver from another area).  I call UPS local CS.  She starts "double talking" about "gate codes".  I state that SurePost means pkg should have been handed off to USPS.  "Oh," she says.  "You're right."  I'll have the driver drop it off at the P.O and you should have it tomorrow (yesterday).  Fast Forward to today....I STILL DON'T HAVE THE PKG!!  The entire episode is a total JOKE (but I'm not laughing!!)