Honored Contributor

Just sent 2 large boxes of my summer clothes to my Florida condo.  UPS delivered them today -    but no one knows where they were delivered.  Nor will they even try to do anything to try to solve the problem before Tuesday.  I doubt I'll ever see them.

Respected Contributor

Mis deliveries by everyone are common in my community. Usually when the wrong recepients come home and discover the package it is taken to the correct address.  My income tax refund was mis delivered by the post office.  Last night a neighbor i  have never even seen knocked on my door and gave it to me.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie I’ve seen that happen in our community, too.  Maybe I’ll be lucky!

Respected Contributor

I never use UPS but don't they have tracking that would show if the boxes were delivered to the addrees on the box? Or does it just say delivered?   UPS must have  a way of traking the boxes. 

Honored Contributor
I’ve had the items get marked as delivered when they were still on the truck and they were actually delivered one to two days later. If this just happened today, I would give it a little time.
Trusted Contributor

Re: UPS Disaster

[ Edited ]

Certainly sounds annoying and distracting.

But not a "disaster". A disaster is when a delivery of a kidney for transplant isn't handled or delivered properly. A disaster is when the UPS truck is double parked and blocks the roadway so an ambulance or fire truck can't get through. A disaster is when your nice clothes and everything you own are ruined by a hurricane flooding your home or a fire destroys all your belongings. 

It may be an undesirable and unforeseen expense to replace two large boxes of warm weather clothes. But it's a bit of clothes shopping and the pain is over! And it's a hardship to wait for Tuesday until UPS makes some effort to get your packages to you. But we've all lived through months of real disasters: disease, fires, floods, job losses, cancelled plans never to happen again. None of those get solved by someone looking into it on a Tuesday. 

Inconvenient, unpleasant, disconcerting.  Be aggravated, sure, and we have to sympathize with your frustration. But temper your reaction with perspective. Having your summer clothes misplaced just doesn't rank as disaster. Especially not until Tuesday, when they might be recovered or handed over by a decent neighbor.

Chin up! 

Esteemed Contributor

I had a strange occurrence involving UPS last evening. Two packages were delivered to my address that did not belong to anyone in my household.The address was not similar to mine; nor were the names of the addressees. One of the packages was quite large, and HEAVY.🤔

I made two "detailed" calls to UPS customer service, who then forwarded the information to dispatch. Surprisingly, a less than polite driver came within two hours to retrieve the packages.😊 

That was a happy ending, but I know this was likely a unique situation.😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖