Respected Contributor

Re: UPDATE WITHIN: Idaho College Campus

I hope this investigation doesn't get botched (if it hasn't been already) like the Jon Benet Ramsey case was.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23wrote:

The only dog story that needs to be mentioned is that the students had a pet dog that was inside the house at the time of the murders....it was unharmed...why didn't it bark? That would have awakened the others....still too many questions and few answers.

What kind of dog was it? I mentioned this in another thread that we used to have Beagles and they definately would have made alot of noise, but our current dogs are mixed breed rescues and they don't even bark when our doorbell rings. Not all dogs are barkers.

Trusted Contributor

Law enforcement keeps going back and forth on their theories, every day you hear about updates on this crime but it's the same ol' story, feel bad for the parents and families of these victims, they want to bury their loved ones and need closure.

Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bredwrote:

Law enforcement keeps going back and forth on their theories, every day you hear about updates on this crime but it's the same ol' story, feel bad for the parents and families of these victims, they want to bury their loved ones and need closure.

I don't think this case is going to be resolved. There are too many missteps. I kept wondering if they had buried their chilren. How long are they going to wait? It just seems they should bury them and keep in touch with the police. This investigation could go on for months. The father of Kaylee said he didn't want to have a memorial because maybe the killer would show up at the services. I think Ethan's family buried him shortly after his death. This whole murder case seems very confusing.

Trusted Contributor

@elated

I believe you are correct with the private burials that may have already taken place for these victims. It is the memorial that the parents are fearing that the killer may be among the mourners, that would be so brazen and scary!

Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bredwrote:

@elated

I believe you are correct with the private burials that may have already taken place for these victims. It is the memorial that the parents are fearing that the killer may be among the mourners, that would be so brazen and scary!

Thank you for clarification. I thought they had not buried their children The news media is very confusing.. I understand the memorial but I thought they did that this week. I saw the parents speaking on campus. So maybe, they are talking private memorials.

Esteemed Contributor

I read today that a previous tenant said they resided on the first floor of the house. He stated you couldn't hear anything from the above floors unless the TV was loud. He said they lived in the back of a fraternity house. People would walk through their backyard. He said their was trash allover the place. He stated that since they were rentals, the bedrooms had locks on the doors. He stated they always left doors unlocked on the house. He didn't know if that changed after he moved out in 2019. They asked the owners if locks were still on bedroom doors and received no response. I found this very intriguing.

Respected Contributor

It was confirmed they had a dog, that was unharmed, but I can't imagine it not barking even if did not see the killer. Still no new press conference; I hope they are discovering more evidence to figure out who the killer is and are just not making it public so they don't hurt the investigation.

A couple of students there were asked what they thought about the entire event; one guy said he thinks the killer could be in Canada by now...since the police weren't called until hours after the murders, he would have plenty of time to head north. I had not thought of that but it makes sense. Every student they interviewed said they think the killer is probably a student there. I still can't believe how the various law enforcement agencies seem to be dragging their feet.

Esteemed Contributor

The Moscow police department said they have received 2,770 calls and 2,645 emails that have made it to their tipline.

In addition, 113 pieces of physical evidence has been handed over to the Idaho State Crime Lab and 4,000 pictures taken at the crime scene, as well as multiple "three dimension scans" of the residence.

I read that a hand print had been found next to a red tape. So who knows where this piece of evidence will lead. Hopefully, they will eventually be able to catch the killer.

Respected Contributor

I think at this point it will have to be some type of DNA match that will lead to the killer. The local police should have called in the the FBI and the Idaho Bureau of Investigations as soon as this happened. College students really need to have a course in public safety every year at the beginning of the semester. When my daughter was at the university in our state there were off campus apartments much like this one. There was a common living area and kitchen and 4 bedrooms. All bedrooms had deadbolt locks. You can't help but wonder if these individuals locked their bedroom doors would they still be alive. What the authorities have said is that the killer used a knife. He or she probably would not have gotten into the bedrooms if the doors were locked. I hope that the perpetrator is found and bought to justice. My heart goes out to the family of these young people.