Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @Lindsays Grandmaimage.gif  I've never seen an official listing posted by the QVC Social Team (doesn't mean they didn't provide it...  just haven't seen it, myself).   This is one of the listings other posters have found on other websites that seem to use a similar "title" system and it appears to coincide with some of the steps we see here.

Occasional Contributor
Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Regular Contributor
Super Contributor
Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor
Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor

On this forum I think we can safely say the rankings don't go beyond "Honored" (one "Honored" poster has over 63,000 posts so far) and they're based solely on the number of posts.   So, they're relatively meaningless other than showing we've been busy posting a lot.  Personally, I wish they'd remove the so-called "ranking" because it constantly causes confusion and even bothers some people.

@dooBdooIsn't that the truth.  Before the ranks were instituted, we always had posters being bashed for their count numbers; be it old-timers or a poor newbie being accused of being a troll because they only had a few posts.

I've often wondered what the magic number is for posts; too many and you have no life.  Too little and you are just a pot-stirring troll.

It's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears-what is too little, too much, and what is just right.  LOL

Thanks for the good laugh that I got out of this comment, @Cakers3! LOL!!

For some reason, it just really "tickled my funny bone," and I'm just sitting here, having a good laugh over it. Yeah, I have never really understood these forum rankings, either.

I'm just here to have fun with everyone else. The post counts don't really matter to me, but the people sure do. Heart Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

dooBdoo, I agree with you regarding your wish they would remove the so-called "ranking", which is based solely on a number of posts.  As an example, a poster may have 6,000 posts and be considered "Esteemed" while someone who has 200 posts is considered "Occasional".  How is that fair?  Someone has a lot of time on their hands and spends it on the boards.  The one with the low amount has two jobs,  or a sick relative they care for, no time to be here as much as they would like to.  Again, how is it fair to use words like Honored, Outstanding, Frequent, Valued, Super, Regular, Respected, Trusted, Exalted, and on and on, based on a number of posts?  To discriminate that way just doesn't make sense to me.  We are not in a contest here, no one is better or worse than the next one based on how often we post.  The moderators may not like what I just wrote but I am not offending or being rude to anyone, I am merely stating my opinion, wrong or right, depending on the status of the reader. Heart

@Lindsays Grandma,  The ranking "titles" aren't at all meaningful.    This isn't the fault or responsibility of the moderators.    This is pre-programmed "canned" forum software designed and managed by the Lithium web hosting service.   On other sites with more sophisticated versions of the software they do use such things as the value of contributions by posters and other factors to make such titles at least somewhat meaningful, but here it's just a tally of post counts which could be nothing but copy-and-paste images, taking only minutes to post.   There's not really a fair correlation between number of posts and judging someone's lifestyle or the value of, or reasons for, their time spent here.   My opinion is that QVC purchased the least expensive version of this software and provides only the most basic support for it -- the moderators can convey our concerns and suggestions but they're not the tech support staff.   Just my opinion, there's certainly nothing wrong with discussing it but I don't think it's important in the scheme of things.   I'd appreciate it if they'd devote resources to making the website more secure and far less prone to daily, major technical problems.  

Thanks for enlightening me, wish I had known this earlier.  I think I'm going to take a rest from the boards for awhile. Woman Embarassed

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Lindsay's Grandma - Please don't take a break!

I'm just getting to know you. Finding your comments so enjoyable, interesting. Refreshing.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Thanks for enlightening me, wish I had known this earlier.  I think I'm going to take a rest from the boards for awhile. Woman Embarassed

@Lindsays Grandma,  You're welcome.    Please don't allow it to push you away from the forums.    We don't know until we ask, right?   It's all a learning process.   I look forward to seeing your posts.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Lindsay's Grandma - Please don't take a break!

I'm just getting to know you. Finding your comments so enjoyable, interesting. Refreshing.

Awww, thank you so much, you just made me feel a whole lot better.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma this forum is fairly insular in that it is small and has a population that have been using it for years.  I wouldn't leave it if you enjoy it.

But I suggest expanding a bit.  

A forum I enjoy is called Quora.  It's a question and answer site.  It's populated by some NASA people, Justin Trudeau has done sessions there, and regular people like you and me.  A question is asked, an answer is given, and people exchange ideas and opinions in comments,

Their rule is, you sign up under your own name, but a lot of people tweak that, because they are not out to be combative or obnoxious, just to enjoy themselves.  

Their absolute rule is, BNBR.  Be Nice, Be Respectful.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so very much for telling me about Quora.  I am looking forward to something new.  After ten years a change is definitely in order.  Heart

@stuyvesant wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma this forum is fairly insular in that it is small and has a population that have been using it for years.  I wouldn't leave it if you enjoy it.

But I suggest expanding a bit.  

A forum I enjoy is called Quora.  It's a question and answer site.  It's populated by some NASA people, Justin Trudeau has done sessions there, and regular people like you and me.  A question is asked, an answer is given, and people exchange ideas and opinions in comments,

Their rule is, you sign up under your own name, but a lot of people tweak that, because they are not out to be combative or obnoxious, just to enjoy themselves.  

Their absolute rule is, BNBR.  Be Nice, Be Respectful.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

dooBdoo, I agree with you regarding your wish they would remove the so-called "ranking", which is based solely on a number of posts.  As an example, a poster may have 6,000 posts and be considered "Esteemed" while someone who has 200 posts is considered "Occasional".  How is that fair?  Someone has a lot of time on their hands and spends it on the boards.  The one with the low amount has two jobs,  or a sick relative they care for, no time to be here as much as they would like to.  Again, how is it fair to use words like Honored, Outstanding, Frequent, Valued, Super, Regular, Respected, Trusted, Exalted, and on and on, based on a number of posts?  To discriminate that way just doesn't make sense to me.  We are not in a contest here, no one is better or worse than the next one based on how often we post.  The moderators may not like what I just wrote but I am not offending or being rude to anyone, I am merely stating my opinion, wrong or right, depending on the status of the reader. Heart

@Lindsays Grandma

please dont make generalizations like that.....you have no way of knowing what is going on in peoples lives whether they post a lot or a little. it is very unfair to say what you said.

Sunshine45, The portion you highlighted and objected to was not cast in stone, it is simply an example, one of any number.

Honored Contributor

I think the rankings are kind of cute.  I don't take them too seriously though.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your promotion!  Here's to more vertical mobility!