Respected Contributor

Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Recall

A Listeria Outbreak has been linked to some Tyson fully-cooked chicken products.

More information and specific products can be found by going to the Tyson website or to the usda government site.

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media_file/2021-07/Tyson%27s%20Product%20List%20Final....

image.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Recall

I do not buy Tyson products.  There have been other recalls and issues in the past and I do not trust their products.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Tyson Chicken Breast Strips. The chicken meat is real chicken with no rubbery texture or hard chicken pieces. Great to microwave these. The size I buy is not in this recall, but whenever there is recall of a few products from a company I wait to see if more products are added to an expanded recall. I hope the company straightens this out ASAP. 

From the USDA:

"The frozen, fully cooked chicken products were produced between December 26, 2020 and April 13, 2021. The products that are subject to recall are listed here. View the labels here.       

The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. P-7089” on the product bag or inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped nationwide to retailers and institutions, including hospitals, nursing facilities, restaurants, schools and Department of Defense locations."  

The recall includes Tyson branded products and private label products for restaurants, which include Jet’s Pizza, Casey’s General Store, Marco’s Pizza and Little Caesars.                 

There's been one death and two known other cases so far in this outbreak. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the information.

I see people buy bags of that in the grocery store, I think I bought one

maybe 2 years ago and never again.   I don't like the artificial texture or the salt based chicken strips.  I know it's easy and you don't have to sit and wait for your chicken to cook, but I really don't like taking any kind of meat cooked out of a bag.  Over 8 million pounds recalled, somebody for sure is eating this.