Honored Contributor

Re: Tx will be back to normal on 10th

Thank God I'm not in Texas! 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Thank the Lord and Gov. Abbott take off masks and breath and be able to understand what others are saying once again. All restaurants are allowed to have 100% capacity.  

clapping chick.gif

Just wait a few weeks until the numbers start ridsing again!!  I believe Texas is the only state to have all known strains present so I do not think that is a wise move!!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

With all due respect, I believe the original post is baiting.

@on the bay  I don't. OP is not that type of poster.

Esteemed Contributor

No one knows if Texas is "doomed." We'll have to wait and see what the results are. It's about time places open up, though. Can't go on living like this forever.  Wishing luck for all the states opening up. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

This fellow Texan doesn't share your enthusiasm. Creates too many problems on many levels.. 

Mitigation strategies, including masks, were working but numbers are still high. Positivity rate has dropped, which is a good thing. But IMHO this was a short-sighted politically-motivated decision.

Shiny object to distract from the recent energy management disaster that has been building for the past 20-30 years. Not to mention the Texas Workforce Commission mess,too.

We've got a loooooong way to go before we're "back to normal." Frankly, the old normal got us into trouble -- I'm hoping a new improved normal is created.

@LonestarBabs. Very well stated. He can't just wish something away. As another poster stated, I'm sure glad I don't live in Texas.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Thank the Lord and Gov. Abbott take off masks and breath and be able to understand what others are saying once again. All restaurants are allowed to have 100% capacity.  

clapping chick.gif

Just wait a few weeks until the numbers start ridsing again!!  I believe Texas is the only state to have all known strains present so I do not think that is a wise move!!

@Pook  The #'s have already begun to rise in TX. Read the info I put in my last post Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I wonder if people at risk (obesity,high blood pressure,diabetes,cancer etc.)  will file unemployment because they don't feel safe working in a building where not everyone wears a mask.

Millions already got at least 20.000 on unemployment in the last year.

Esteemed Contributor

We are finally making progress with controlling this monster across the country. I'm getting my second vaccination next week. I'm still going to wear a mask & keep my social distance.

Now isn't the time to let our guard down. We need to be more vigilant than ever.This isn't a matter of personal freedom but rather one of public health.

Honored Contributor

I stated earlier....Texas government is just lifting the mandte - many stores/restaurants will STILL MANDATE MASK WEARING.  

The Governor is just letting people make their own decision...we do not need the government telling us what to do...it's a sippery slope.

Honored Contributor

I cannot wait to be able to go without those things. I hate every minute I have to wear one because I simply can't breathe with it on and yes, I've tried multiple types and it makes no difference. I do not, however, think any jurisdiction is 'there' yet and so I simply minimize trips outside, which is getting old. If my state and county ever get with the program and get more than a handful of people their shots on any kind of timely basis, I'll be grateful. Then, I'll start looking forward to the powers that be agreeing to minimize masking.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...