Honored Contributor

@Mlsg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Some of you might remember my posts about my mother. She was sick, I took care of her, and she died. That was two years ago today. So, I don't cry everyday anymore, but after two years I still miss her so much. There is nothing like a mother's love, it's unconditional, there's nothing you could do to lose it. When I hear how some people don't see their mother much or think they are a burden it makes me sad. I tell people you need to cherish your mother, one day she'll be gone and you will wish you had given her more  of your time. 

@Jordan2  So sorry! But I know how you feel because today 3 years since my mom died. So I know it's not easy.

@Mlsg I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

My mother died last week after a long battle with dementia so I can relate. Hopefully your memories of her will sustain you. 

@GenXmuse I am so very sorry condolences to you and your family. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 We recognize and share your pain and joyful memories. I presume many of us of these boards are in the same generation and may be part of the sandwich generation.   I think about my parents daily and thank God that I have those memories.  I lean on those memories and the pictures of them taken over the years.  Most of all, I remember and value their unconditional love.  You should allow all the emotions to flow in and out of your life.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Some of you might remember my posts about my mother. She was sick, I took care of her, and she died. That was two years ago today. So, I don't cry everyday anymore, but after two years I still miss her so much. There is nothing like a mother's love, it's unconditional, there's nothing you could do to lose it. When I hear how some people don't see their mother much or think they are a burden it makes me sad. I tell people you need to cherish your mother, one day she'll be gone and you will wish you had given her more  of your time. 

@Jordan2 Sending you hugs~as I feel for you. I lost my mom in April of 2020. I was her only child, and we were very close. I also took care of her in her later years...she lived to be 91, almost to 92..until this awful virus. What a way for this daughter to lose her mom...I used to call myself the "helicopter daughter" ...overseeing her care, and being her champion...to then not be able to be with her at the end, and really know what was going on in that hospital, devastates me still. I have a million beautiful memories of her though, and always will. I don't express all that to take away from your post or shift the focus to me, just to say I really, really related to your words, so beautifully expressed. In fact, my mom always said exactly what you did "there is nothing like a mother's love." I always knew what that meant intellectually, and I knew that I could never imagine the day when she'd no longer be here. But not until I lost her did I really feel, that suddenly "that love" was definitely no longer in my life...and that love was irreplaceable by anyone else. Nothing feels like the unconditional love of your mom...if you are blessed to have a good relationship.

God bless you and your memories tonight and always. Thank you for posting. I'm sure not only I can relate. xo

@amyb I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved mom. Near  the end my mother was out of it, she went to the hospital to a nursing home, she was only there for a day before she died. This may sound terrible but I don't think my mother or I could have gotten through the COVID protocol, it would have been too hard on both of us. 

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mlsg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  So sorry! But I know how you feel because today 3 years since my mom died. So I know it's not easy.

@Mlsg I'm so sorry for your loss. 

@Jordan2 Thank you! Yes today the day.Time flyes but nothing change..

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 I am very sorry for your loss.  Your post reminds us also that not everyone is fortunate to have had a mother who was so much a part of them and was able to love unconditionally.  

You can read these posts and know that some people had very painful and unfulfilled childhoods.  So they may not be able to relate to the concept of "mother" as you do.  

Just remain  thankful for the mother that you had, and because she was that mother, and because you miss her so much, she would want you to remember her with joy always!  Try to think just about what you have of her and will always carry with you!  Nothing can take that away.  

Best wishes to you and thank you for sharing your story!  

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

My mother died last week after a long battle with dementia so I can relate. Hopefully your memories of her will sustain you. 

@GenXmuse  So sorry, just be strong

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

{{{{hugs}}}} and HeartHeartHeartHeart @GenXmuse Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 , and @Mlsg- I'm so sorry today is a sad anniversary for you both. It is for me too (but not my mom). I still have days that I stop in the middle of the day and cry because I miss my mom so much. And I still have to stop myself from wanting to pick up the phone and call her. My mom died right before Christmas a long time ago. I try to keep very busy on that day. 

@GenXmuse - I'm thinking of you. I know you're hurting so much right now, but I pray those around you will surround you with their loving arms and your happy memories will give you comfort and peace. (((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom and @Lucky Charm @Mlsg 

Thank you. You don't know how much that means and brought tears to my eyes. There's nothing like losing your mom to feel alone in the world.