Esteemed Contributor

In an article I read recently it said after Queen Elizabeth sent Charles and Diana an order to divorce she announced Diana could keep her title of, 'Her Royal Highness Princess Diana" to which Charles adamantly said absolutely no way. 

Diana was very upset and the young Prince William said to her, "Don't worry Mum, when I am King I will give you back your title."  How sweet and innocent.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I read the same article about her asking what happened.  Shortly after the accident it was reported by a responder that she was lying on the floor of the back seat and said, "Take care of my boys."  Of course that was twenty years ago but I never forgot it.  Somehow that is exactly what I imagine Diana would say.  RIP Princess Diana.

@beach-mom wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 - Thank you for starting this thread and for sharing the great pictures!

@OfCourse - I don't think Kate will ever be like Diana. The one thing about her is how happy she makes William. Diana, in spite of being somewhat shy, seemed to have more of a connection with people. She was so compassionate. And she looked for the downtrodden to help. I don't think Kate had the same personality. 

I was washing dishes on a Saturday night. DH came home and told me to turn the TV on.

Two intereresting things I've read lately:

Did you all read the interview with the fireman who reached her first? He is finally speaking out because he is now retired. He said he never expected her to die. He said she was conscious when they got to her and she asked him what happened, then she went into heart failure. He gave her CPR and got her into the ambulance. She was alive. He must not have known at the time about the massive internal injuries. He said she didn't look like she was that bad.

I also read that Charles wanted to name William and Harry "Arthur" and "Albert." Diana preferred the names they have - thank goodness she got her way with that! 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Gone Too Soon,

Image result for princess diana pics

Honored Contributor

I keep thinking: If only she (and her BF) would have been wearing their seat belts.  Might have kept them in place, preventing such serious injuries.   So sad.  (Btw, has the body guard spoken about this tragedy?  He was sitting in the front seat and was wearing his seat belt.) 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).