Honored Contributor

Re: Turn up heat or bundle up

@QVCkitty1  Yes we have gas heat.

Honored Contributor

We keep ours at 70 - if it gets really cold or it's really windy we will raise it up to 71/72.  

I can't stand it any warmer than that, it gets stiffling in here.  If it's still chilly then it's time to add a sweater and a blanket if we're sitting on the couch.

Honored Contributor

It's -1 out with a feels like of -26.  I have the thermostat on 68.  That's 1 degree warmer than usual.  It's pretty comfortable.  That's as high as it's going.  If needed, add clothing.

Valued Contributor

I alternate. When I don't want the heat on, I put a down throw in the dryer for two minutes. I'll do it a few times. So comfy.

Honored Contributor

BOTH!!!  I hate being cold and it's going to be very cold tomorrow & the next couple of days with wind chills below zero! UGH!

Esteemed Contributor

Keep the temp the same and turn on gas fireplace and add layers. I agree -- don't like the cold. After I come in from work I do not want to leave the house until I have to.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

We just bundle up....I keep the heat at 64 degrees....DH and I usually enjoy a nice cup of tea and curl up with our fleece Throws in the evening while watching TV and surfing the net.😊 I’ve always found it easier to get warm than to cool off, so 64 is an all around perfect temp for us.

Respected Contributor

In the morning the wind chill will be -20. Brrrr!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I turn up the heat a few degrees until I'm comfortable, and my furnace doesn't run as often. I don't like being cold, but I don't like having my home too warm either - I find the right temp for whatever the temperature is outdoors. I don't care if it costs me an ext $20/month in electric costs. I wear warmer clothes when it's this cold, but I refuse to sit around all bundled up under blankets or quilts or jackets.

Honored Contributor

Our thermostat sits on 72 year round, which is the magic number for all 4 of us.   During bitter cold spells, I am usually in my pajamas and robe, with socks on my feet.