Super Contributor

I have been wanting a gas stove but it would be too expensive to have a gas line ran

so I am back to my electric 

my current stove is hard to adjust burners and hard to clean

its a glass top

Does anyone know of an electric stove with earlier cleaning...

Trusted Contributor

Try magic erasers on your glass top to clean it.

Regular Contributor

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy an LG electric range that says "easy clean".  This means that it is NOT self cleaning.  ANd, believe me, it's anything but EASY to clean!

Have had problems from the beginning.  LG is aware of problems and does not care.

Honored Contributor

You might try googling Consumers Report. I don't have a new range, and sometimes they can be great one year, and not so hot the  down the road

This will give you the newest view

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a new GE Profile range last year and I’m pretty happy with it. It is induction cooking but at the time a new set of cookware was included. Everything is digital, no knobs and no back panel with controls. Everything is on the front.  The only thing is that the top is glass and black and can be streaky. I haven’t used the self cleaning feature yet. I don’t cook a lot so it doesn’t get very dirty. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I bought a new GE Profile range last year and I’m pretty happy with it. It is induction cooking but at the time a new set of cookware was included. Everything is digital, no knobs and no back panel with controls. Everything is on the front.  The only thing is that the top is glass and black and can be streaky. I haven’t used the self cleaning feature yet. I don’t cook a lot so it doesn’t get very dirty. 

A friend replaced her electric range with a GE Profile smoothtop range.  She is happy with it so far.

Trusted Contributor

I also have a glass smooth top range. I find that if I clean the top after every time I cook and don't let any stains set, then I don't have any problem. It looks perfect every time. I just use the cleaner for the glass tops that I got at Target. I think you would be able to keep it clean. Now I have not done the inside so I can't say about that! But the top is beautiful!! 

Valued Contributor

I have a KA cooktop from 1998 with the glass top.  I always wipe it down after cooking.  I use a little detergent with water on a dishcloth.  If someone uses it and a stain is baked on I try the detergent and if it doesn't work I use the glass cleaner.  I do find that if you put a wet paper towel or dishcloth on the burner, when the burner is cold, and let it sit for awhile the stain will usually come off easier.  My husband used the razor on it and scratched it.  That would be a last resort for me and I wouldn't scratch it, I've done it already and never had a scratch.