Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to find the Covid vaccine

It's not surprising the system would be overloaded at the beginning.  I'd wait a few weeks to try again.

Honored Contributor

Miracle of miracles. The county website just came back up.  A friend alerted me and I tried on my computer and couldn't get the site to load.  

Switched to the iPad and had to refresh literally maybe 75 times and it finally let me book an appt.  for this Thursday morning.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh great on getting an appointment- Cherokee County had the same procedure, we are scheduled for Monday, 18th at noon.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@gidgetgh great on getting an appointment- Cherokee County had the same procedure, we are scheduled for Monday, 18th at noon.

@Suziepeach - I hope that when we schedule the 2nd shot, which is more time critical, that the process will be easier. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I can imagine the system did crash, I'd be surprised if it didn't.

In NC we haven't gotten to the 65 age group yet.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Suziepeach - I hope that when we schedule the 2nd shot, which is more time critical, that the process will be easier. 

@gidgetgh I understood from the website, they'll let you know when to come back for the 2nd shot and you'll be given a vaccination card.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

The virus is raging in AZ.  I'm not even checking into the vaccine until later this month when hopefully the process is better organized.

I'm glad you were able to get an appointment, @gidgetgh @and @Suziepeach.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

The virus is raging in AZ.  I'm not even checking into the vaccine until later this month when hopefully the process is better organized.

I'm glad you were able to get an appointment, @gidgetgh @and @Suziepeach.

Thanks @tansy.   Praying the virus starts slowing down in AZ and the vaccine process goes smoothly.   We haven heard anything from Emory or Kaiser so when our county offered, I was on the phone.  65 and older and first responders is the group we're in.   Kaiser , I was told, has our age in the 3rd round. 

Will be so happy when all of us can see and feel normal again.  🙂

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziepeach wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@gidgetgh I understood from the website, they'll let you know when to come back for the 2nd shot and you'll be given a vaccination card.  

My experience was that they don't give you a time on the card, just a date. You do still have to set up an appointment for the second shot. They did not let us set that up right away. It was only this morning they allowed us to make the appt for the 21st. Just sharing what I've learned from experience. And of course this is for TN and other areas may very.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

They haven't finished with the health care workers and nursing homes here (PNW).  I am concerned about that second shot - think I will wait until it gets a little more organized.