Honored Contributor

Re: Trouble logging in 2/7

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh Same here....I had to go use another browser which works.

ETA; I was using Brave and switched to Chrome.

Honored Contributor

no troubles......windows laptop/edge browser

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@cjm61 I believe your son-in-law. And I believe other companies try similar tactics.  It's no accident that many of Amazon's best values on big sale days are those that often lead us to buy subscriptions to Amazon services. The list of manipulations among retailers is undoubtedly longer than most of us keep track of.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops  Verizon employee needs to Google up some info.

"With a blazing-fast JavaScript engine, Safari is the world's fastest browser. It's developed to run specifically on Apple devices, so it's geared to make the most out of your battery life and deliver long-lasting power."--From apple.com.

All of my 3 Mac computers, iPhones, and pads came with it pre-loaded.

I've had trouble since Sunday logging in here using Chrome (a more attractive interface, IMO) but found Safari works fine, so far ...

ETA: Since noon, Chrome is now allowing me to log in here. The QVC website sometimes reminds me of a science experiment gone wrong, then it suddenly seems OK. You just never know.

Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo   Maybe some Verizon employees know more.  I think the store I was in is one of their new smaller sites.  They spend the majority of their time selling products.  I was lucky he taught me a fix as I watched.  Was easy.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was not able to login at all yesterday or this morning, using my ipad and Safari.  Same thing as before.  Little spinning circle, then it stops spinning and sits there like it doesn't recognize the command you're giving it to log in.

Right now, I am also using Safari, on my Macbook Air.  No problems logging in.  Same browser, different device.

Interesting though, that I CAN login to my QVC account on my ipad, still using Safari and when I log out and look again a few minutes later, I'm still logged in.  Why is that?

Before I leave my Mac and go back to my ipad, losing my ability to log in again, I wish the mods would address the issue on here and let us know if a fix is in the work.  That would be great.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@millieshops Apple doesn't play well with anything. When I was an accountant we constantly had problems with customers using an Apple device. They couldn't download most of our documents. 

My son-in-law works in IT and said this is purposely done so that you need to use Apple products exclusively for the best outcome. 

My DH worked for The Evil Empire (the one that ISN'T Apple) and he darn near curses when he even hears the name, for the same reason your son-in-law cites.

Honored Contributor

So today 2/11, I can't sign in from my phone.  I can sign in on my tablet and my laptop.  Just not my phone.  I had this problem with another shopping channel a couple of weeks ago.  It resolved itself in a week or so.

Honored Contributor

i havent been able to log in for a couple of days

i'm using a mac laptop w/ safari

the only way i can log on - log out of safari and then back on again

which is frustrating bc all my other stuff will need to close also

after the Q times me out - i'm out in the cold

Respected Contributor

I've had trouble for a couple of days, too.I use microsoft edge and no dice. Called CS and Steven had to send me an email to reset a new password. That info went to Chrome. I can get in on Chrome, but can't on Edge which is what I normally use. to accesss the forums. Will now use Chrome.