Honored Contributor

AGAIN.  I have no problem for months and then I can't sign in the forums.  Have to go to using Firefox.  This is only on my laptop.  If I use Ipad, I don't have a problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trouble Signing In

[ Edited ]

Hi, @rms1954!

I can sign in using my Mac with Brave or Firefox browsers or with my iPad using Safari or Brave browsers (I didn't try other browsers).

What happens when you try to login?

Did you try the usual "housekeeping" such as clearing browser cookies/cache/website data/history, making sure it's the current version, going directly to the Q site instead of using an old bookmark/favorite, etc.?

Sorry you're having problems...  can be really aggravating, I know.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@rms1954   Not for me today... but often I have a day where say on my  desk top I can not sign in for a day or two..... do not know why that happens.

Esteemed Contributor

On my desk top, no problem, but sometimes  lately on my phone (android) it would say "I've been band". but after a few days I can sign in. What's up with that?

Trusted Contributor

Same for me now...suddenly I have to type in my password and email on my iPad, but not my phone or laptop. It was fine for months after not being able to login at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trouble Signing In

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

On my desk top, no problem, but sometimes  lately on my phone (android) it would say "I've been band". but after a few days I can sign in. What's up with that?

@Sage04, If you're using a cellular connection for the mobile device, your provider will be connecting you to a "dynamic" (changing) IP address.

It's possible your phone connected to an address that was banned by the website.   

Most, if not all, websites have blocked specific IP addresses from time to time, and now and then our mobile devices can encounter those.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Same for me now...suddenly I have to type in my password and email on my iPad, but not my phone or laptop. It was fine for months after not being able to login at all.

@Duckncover,

Can you think of anything you might have changed on the iPad around the time this began?  Different browser, or browser settings, or something like that?

I'm using the current iPadOS v. 15.3.1, and if I use Safari it auto-fills my email address and password for QVC with no problem, but if I use the Brave browser it requires me to type in the email address and then it goes to the password saved in the browser.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Sage04, If you're using a cellular connection for the mobile device, your provider will be connecting you to "dynamic" (changing) IP address.

It's possible your phone connected to an address that was banned by the website.   

Most, if not all, websites have banned specific IP addresses from time to time, and now and then our mobile devices can encounter those.

@dooBdoo  we were once with Sprint (don't know if I can mention that) bought out by TB, got a better deal with AT and the other T(family Plan 10 people). I'm about to take my phone and throw it through their window.

Honored Contributor

I hear you, @Sage04!  I've been working with computers for most of my life and I can say for certain that I've had electronic devices I wanted to throw across the room!

waiting.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I hear you, @Sage04!  I've been working with computers for most of my life and I can say for certain that I've had electronic devices I wanted to throw across the room!

waiting.gif

@dooBdoo  oh yea, I would call my son and say I'm about to throw whatever out the window into the driveway without removing the screen and he would say "Mom don't do that, I'll be right there" and he was because knew I was serious lol